28.5 liter Fiat

dragonsgate

True Classic
With a crank, the 28.5-liter Beast of Turin roars again ...
www.roadandtrack.com/.../the-beast-of-turin-revs-again Cached
Hell-snorting 28.5-liter Fiat S76 land-speed record car stirs after 100-year hibernation................. I am not sharp enough to get the video up but click on the high lighted part and watch the clip of this monster firing up. Ps be sure to turn the sound way up!

Thanks for posting Guys... WOW! Here is another...

car called La Bestioni built by Gary Wales. It's actually a re-vamped and re-blinged 1917 La France Fire Truck... and its actually one of several he has built over the years.

When I approache Gary this last spring I made mention that this car reminded me closely of one other that either he had built earlier or someone else did doing some of the same thing. The one I was thinking of had more of a racing theme with the numbers 666 on the radiator and elsewhere on the car ans then it had the Iitalian wording calling it "The Beast", or La Bestioni I would guess.

Gary said that indeed that was his car and actually THIS is that very same car! Hmmmm... I commented that although it all seemed to fit together well with the theme and trhe racing heritage of sorts, I wondered why he removed that "Mark of the Beast" numbering?

He asked me if I knew Barry Meguire of the famous wax products fame and I said I knew him well... as well as watching his TV shows, his passion for cars, people, the hobby and also his devote religious convictions... Gary said that Barry didn't quite understand it himself but the numbering bothered him...

Gary then said to him, "If it bothers you, say no more..." and he took it off.

Go here to see more cars that Gary Wales created...

https://www.google.com/search?q=gar...ISBDIreoAT3_IEQ&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1440&bih=753

And to see more MONSTERS that the Blastolene Brothers in Oregon have created, go here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=bla...kK5DWoATrxILoBw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=753

Last edited:
I remember the year ('07-'08?)

When the "La Bestioni" fiirst made its appearance at BFI. It was also the years I saw Jay Leno jump out of his still rolling Bugatti and ran over to see/buy it. I don't think they worked out a deal tho'.

Back