We're #7!!! We're #7!!!!!

There are three cars on that list that are so far removed from actual sprorts cars that I wonder if the authors of this story know what a sports car is.

Lagonda? v8 3speed automatic
Fire Chicken?

Lets see if anyone else can guess the third:italia:

I love the last line by the article's author...

and I also have a certain affinity to most of all the 20 cars they listed.

Anyway... he wrote:

"The X1/9 was such a novel idea it encouraged other manufacturers to develop inexpensive wedge cars like the Toyota MR2 and the Pontiac Fiero..."

And I'd like to add:

"But none of them did it as well as the Bertone-bodied Fiat!"

+1 Tony!

Sadly - they got the ideas right, but not the execution (well, you can argue MR2 somewhat).

and I also have a certain affinity to most of all the 20 cars they listed.

Anyway... he wrote:

"The X1/9 was such a novel idea it encouraged other manufacturers to develop inexpensive wedge cars like the Toyota MR2 and the Pontiac Fiero..."

And I'd like to add:

"But none of them did it as well as the Bertone-bodied Fiat!"

Yeah, I must admit I lusted after them BOTH...

and almost bought a Fiero! I agree that the MR2 and the MR2 Roadster, especially the supercharged ones got my attention... but they were sooooo damn ugly and otherwise "soul-less".

If I did buy the Fiero, I would have probably modified it a bit something like this one...

But NOT like this one...

They were not wrong about the rear of the Khamsin. Ouch!!!
e6900e6ef48ed3ec34224a3c62f0e965.jpg

Last edited:
i'll bite

There are three cars on that list that are so far removed from actual sprorts cars that I wonder if the authors of this story know what a sports car is.

Lagonda? v8 3speed automatic
Fire Chicken?

Lets see if anyone else can guess the third:italia:

Subaru XT? absolutely wedge-tastic. but sports car? that's a stretch

Last edited:
Actually, the XT with the v6 option was quite a force, they are pretty rare. I've got a 4 banger XT that either would be for parts or as a project car if anyone is interested.

Back