White letter tires

Greg... How 'bout Chrome-Painting the entire car...

as well... maybe some dingle-balls outlining the windows and a club plaque on the rear shelf?

Slam it to the ground... Custom graphics of semi-nude Vixens on the hood and decklid with fancy script lettering saying "La Banba" or something. Maybe even some "hydraulics" and some 560x15 bias-ply tires streeeetched over 10 inch wide, 120 gold-spoke chrome rims too...

How's that sound? (Have you been out in the cold too long today???)

as well... maybe some dingle-balls outlining the windows and a club plaque on the rear shelf?

Slam it to the ground... Custom graphics of semi-nude Vixens on the hood and decklid with fancy script lettering saying "La Banba" or something. Maybe even some "hydraulics" and some 560x15 bias-ply tires streeeetched over 10 inch wide, 120 gold-spoke chrome rims too...

How's that sound? (Have you been out in the cold too long today???)
Is this your subtle way of saying you don't like white tire lettering? I have always liked the look. When I was 16 and didn't have my own car yet I would clean the family sedan and spend hours painting the letters in order to look kool when I borrowed the car for a date. I had to time it so my mom wouldn't use the car before the date, otherwise she would have the letters scrubbed off in no time by curbing the tires. I still like the look and have thought about finding some tires with lettering. I might look into the glue on. I might even try some colors to match my car.

I'm following Tony's thinking... I'm not a fan..

White lettered tires do not belong on an X1/9, especially if they're fake.

WAIT A MINUTE... I didn't say I didn't like the lettering...

I was only suggesting he complete the ENTIRE look!

HAHAHA!

I useta do the same by outlining or coloring lettering on tires as well. I originally had a set of Goodyear Blue-Streak Racing slicks and spent quite a bit of time filling in the Blue Stripe and big Goodyear lettering in white.

My Vette has some BF Goodrich radials with raised white leters now and they are a pain to keep clean. Just another damn thing to do with Scouring Powder to bleach them white. The white on the tires in my case goes well with the body color. I think I'll look for lettered replacements when its time as well.

I do think the lettering kit with something UNIQUE might be a kick though... Something that goes along with the THEME of the car. I can't think of anything clever at the moment though. Maybe STALLIONS or SCUDERIA, or MEGA-GRIP or TURN-CARVERS. I keep trying to remember what Disney put on the tires in the movie CARS, but I think many were a tongue-in-cheek term...

ANYWAY... for over $120 bucks to do all four, (Maybe half that if come up with logo that is conservative and repeated... then is could be cut in two and used on another tire...), Do what you want and hopefully get your money's worth.

Otherwise... got get some "Paint-Pens" and highlight whats printed on the sidewalls already.

Eh -- I still like them (raised white letter tires).
Really Tony -- if keeping white letter tires looking good is one of your bigger complaints then life must be pretty good. Besides, I have five months each year to keep my X cleaned-up :)

However, I do not like the price tag. Didn't look very closely at the website and didn't realize $120 for an entire SET.

...and I suppose I'd rather have REAL white letter tires instead of stick ons.

Someone posted this photo with some Michelins highlighted with a paint pen..
Cool throwback look...not so sure with Achilles or Nexen..:laugh:

Well, Like I said... the money spent on some...

RADICAL lettering like STROKERS or something would be worth the investment I'd say, especially for a show car.

And yes... keeping my White Lettering clean and bright on my Vette does take away from my time on the road, and probably is the only major concern in my life, except for health issues!

And they put these things so LOW to the ground too... HA!

Hey looking at the other Greg's photos... you can see how well all the 1980's striping goes along with the theme of those tires... hehehe!

As for highlighting the new tire's like Federals or Nexen's... I see now where HANKOOK'S are now fitted on many "high end" imports these days and are a tire of choice!

You could be the FIRST on this planet with some CUSTOM tires... Big and bold PIRELLI lettering isn't a bad idea either!

Someone posted this photo with some Michelins highlighted with a paint pen..
Cool throwback look...not so sure with Achilles or Nexen..:laugh:

or Nankang... :)

Heh, in the '70s and 80's, they used to sell black out paint to cover the white lettering!

The tire companies went to putting the white lettering on only one side so you could have them mounted "black out" or "white out."

White Letter tires are faster.

I'm afraid I must admit being a fan of white lettered tires.
Totally guilty of using up quite a few white paint pens in high-school:p
It's probably a symptom of some sort of animal instinct kicking in.
Like birds who add bits of shiny thread to a nest or something.

On an 850 coupe that I picked up for $50 that had ridiculously narrow and bald front tires, I abandoned the usual "sporty" white lettering style, and put on "NO HUNTIN' NO FISHIN'" instead.

Hmmm...

I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting white-letter tires on an appropriately-outfitted Fiat! :headbang:

I am also a fan of white lettered tires. Back in the day I remember that adding raised white letter tires with the chrome valve covers would add 3 to 5% horsepower.:headbang:

Here's the problem I have...

with the Hoosiers on my X1/9...

I haveta constantly freshen-up the lettering after a hard day rallying...

Back