Screwed ?

lezesig1

expatriot
Hi All,

Anybody tried the new ZERO_RUST aerosol spraycan paint ?

I am finding it is working out pretty well. Adhesive properties are good and the buildup is the highest I have experienced out of a rattle can.

Sneak Peek....maybe the only assembly. I have heard of copper but not 301 on this run.

lezesig
'72 850 Sp

For a minute there Les, I thought you were messing...

with us (again)!

http://zero-rust.com/index.php

About 12 bucks a can but they do seem to provide a good argument! You can probably TEST your work easily in a weeks time where you live and if it is indeed as good as they say, its worth twice the price of conventional paints.

I would dare say that you could probably just use their PRIMER and if it doesn't chemically argue with the top coat you select, you could probably also use any other paints (at half the price with more color selections) on top of it! I submitted this question to the company as I could not see an answer in their summary. I also found it for sale on Ebay for about $15 bucks including shipping. I am not able to find any local distributors...

What about you? Find it locally? Good find, BTW... I have never heard of them before. Good to hear from you as well!

WOW... a quick response from the supplier..

Seal and Protect

Today at 10:52 AM

[FONT=&quot]The manufacture recommends coating with a high quality topcoat designed for exterior exposures. Run a test panel to determine the compatibility of any topcoat with Zero Rust. Certain solvents in topcoats can act like a paint stripper and lift or wrinkle Zero Rust.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sealandprotect.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]... which is what I suspected![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Experiment on test panels before you commit!
[/FONT]

Eastwood has so me good products. I have yet to use their interior rust encpsolator kit I purchased from them. It will be going in any cavity I cant paint roof pillers between body pannels etc.

Looks really nice Les

How do you keep the fasteners looking pretty when you install them? I'd think the paint would crack when you tighten these down.

Knowing Lez's penchant for detail......!

....How do you keep the fasteners looking pretty when you install them?.....

...I'll betcha he places a piece of waste rag over the screw head BEFORE he digs the screwdriver into it!! :nod:

cheers, Ian - NZ

With the Advanced Mind Control (AMC) that Les...

possesses from the planet he comes from... He just thinks about the torque he wants fasteners to be set at (in lbs-in, or lbs-ft, or alien equivalents) and then simply WILLS the fastener into place.

I've actually seen him do it!

Back