faran eliminator

The paint looks FLUID and WET!

Congrats...

There are things I like and dislike about the FARAN kit but those are all a personal thing. I do think you may wanna take a look again at your choice of seat covers and see if it completes the theme of the rest of the car... I almost think they should probably be a FIXED racing seat (tin, with minimal padding and 5 point harnesses) but would be highly uncomfortable for cruising.

Great work otherwise when it comes to the body mods! I wish I had the skill, time and patience to do the same!

Look at that body!

Wow! That looks great. I'm not a big fan of body kits on the X but you have a fantastic looking car & those wheels are just right.
Good work mate. Inspirational stuff.

Herzel... Google is YOUR friend too!

Here are the KITS:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.467347496646303.95588.176057585775297&type=1

Here are many fotos of finished cars:

https://www.google.com/search?q=far...pHsLuoATVjIDQCg&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=753

The Red and Yellow one with the snorkel (about the 9th car in the photos, full screen, counting from the left...) is NOT a FARAN Kit but a FAZA Kit with "flares" and a "Snorkel".

The "Martini Livery" car with the big white WING (about number 22) is NOT a FARAN or a FAZA Kit either, its a DALLARA Kit.

Then there are probably about 12 different variations of each, much like the 12 tribes of Israel...

HA! Hope you and yours are well as we enter this holiday season!

the Restoration looks great!

The Faran car company started around 1988 and went bust about 5 years later after a bad factory fire. (speculated for insurance $)
Faran was an entrepreneur from the Middle East and had 2 other partners all based in the UK.

Vintage ad:

Geez Greg... Google didn't show ME that...

You must be "extra-special"...

HA!

Hope you and yours are enjoying your holiday...

Thanks for the dissertation, Tony

I never knew there were so many variations on the X1/9 theme.
I actually thought one cannot improve on Mr Bertone...
We here are all fine, all is quiet on the western (and all other) front.
Irit and I do talk about you and Sharon, and mainly positively, ha ha ha.
best regards,
Me

faran

many thanks for all comments , to Rachael in particular I have to put new tyres on,fit low profile filters for the webers and sort out the sticky front calipers and that's about it!!!

farans

pics of farans i have found on internet the red one top left is mine. the blue is for sale in belgium.thebottom one right was at mallory park in 1989.the yellow is modded -scorpion engin and no spoiler.the white with 77 on side was used in welsh rallying and recently at le mans if you know anything more about any of these cars i would be interested.

Back