tire replacements for 2013 500 Abarth?

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
Hi fellow Abarth chincochento-ers

Curious if anyone running the 16" rims have replaced their tires and what did you go with as a replacement? I am at 28k miles and my pirellis are about done.

-Tim

Hey, Tim

I've got 29,600 miles on my 2012 Abarth and probably have another 3 to 4K miles left on the originals. But when I do buy 'em, I'm going with 205/45R-16s.

I've got 29,600 miles on my 2012 Abarth and probably have another 3 to 4K miles left on the originals. But when I do buy 'em, I'm going with 205/45R-16s.

Nice. I have seen a few other forums posts suggest the 205s as well. Do you have brand picked out?

No experience with them on a 500 - but I've been running the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on other cars and they are exceptional. Far and away the best road tyre I've ever driven on regardless of price - and they aren't ridiculous.

No experience with them on a 500 - but I've been running the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on other cars and they are exceptional. Far and away the best road tyre I've ever driven on regardless of price - and they aren't ridiculous.

Not having much luck finding the Pilots in a 205/45 16" - at least not here in the states.

:(

I don't want to rush to get just any tire, but I didn't plan this very well and the rain is coming soon (El Nino) so I need to get on the ball.

Nope

No brand yet, keeping an open mind while I do some research. I'd like to fill the wheel well a little more.

Completely Changing the Subject....

I LOVE the exhaust note on the Abarth!!! It sounds GREAT when you fire it up, and giving it some welly...

Drove one for the first time yesterday, and if I hadn't already bought my Volvo C30 at the end of Sept, I would have gone for it. Used, though I'm predisposed NOT to buy any car new. The 2012 I drove was a Red Abarth "C" manual, - and with 22k I could have bought it for 14k. Couldn't push the Mrs to buy it for her, she just wasn't feelin it :(

I LOVE the exhaust note on the Abarth!!! It sounds GREAT when you fire it up, and giving it some welly...

Drove one for the first time yesterday, and if I hadn't already bought my Volvo C30 at the end of Sept, I would have gone for it. Used, though I'm predisposed NOT to buy any car new. The 2012 I drove was a Red Abarth "C" manual, - and with 22k I could have bought it for 14k. Couldn't push the Mrs to buy it for her, she just wasn't feelin it :(

Too bad. My daughters mom loves mine. HATED it at first, but when her car needed some repair and I let her borrow it for a few days, I was barely able to get it back...

BTW I went with Firestone 205/40r for the 17" rims. Firehawks all season. I was not a fan of firestone, but wow. These are nice tires. great ride and grip is awesome. We literally had rain 2 days after I got them and I was flying around in it no problem.

The P-0s on the car were ****e IMO. Noisy from the day I got the car just too hard and slippery.

FirehawkWideovalIndy500.png

I

Dang it

And I was just at a Firestone shop getting a replacement tire for my wife's Highlander due to a nail near the sidewall. I didn't even think to check. Wonder if they'd have same in a 16? Please take a pic showing the stance, Tim. Bet it looks sweet.

Regards

I replaced my original 16 inch Pirellis with some Dunlops DZ101 I think, also up to the 205 width. No complaints so far.

Have used some other Dunlops on a set of 17 inch wheels for autocross, and after two years those are due for replacement, looking at the latest hot autoX tire, Bridgestone Re71-R.

Back