Artistically speaking... LOOK QUICK before...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
this gets unjustly moved to NFC! NFC or no... I think most all will be interested!

As I was saying, artistically speaking...

I cannot tear my eyes away from this foto that I tripped over the other day. Nissan NSX's were almost a plagioristic copy of a Ferrari Dino in overall style and I carry a distinct disdain for them because of that. They do seem to capture my gaze and turn my head to LOOK every time I see one... only to be dismayed.

This one appears to be an exception though... Please note that the LINES of this beauty seem to start at one end and wind their way graciously to the other. Every line, and every seam, and every "crease" appears to be in concert with one another.

Fascinating, no?

download

Tony,

I am doubly confused by your post. Nissan NSX? Do you mean the Acura NSX? Also, if yo posted a photo, I can't see it!

Ed

Yeah... I messed up in many, many ways...

It is indeed an Acura NSX and it does indeed need to be in the NFC section and has NO business being in the DF section and it COULD BE a marginal foto that MIGHT NOT BE family material but is indeed a miraculously LUCKY shot or a very well POSED shot... right down to every curve, crease and seam.

I love ALL the moderators and they do a TERRIFIC job at keeping this site clean and safe and I don't mean to trouble them.

With all that in mind... Ima gonna post the photo one more time so look quick...

Otherwise email me and I'll get back to ya. Its worth the effort!

It is indeed an Acura NSX and it does indeed need to be in the NFC section and has NO business being in the DF section and it COULD BE a marginal foto that MIGHT NOT BE family material but is indeed a miraculously LUCKY shot or a very well POSED shot... right down to every curve, crease and seam.

I love ALL the moderators and they do a TERRIFIC job at keeping this site clean and safe and I don't mean to trouble them.

With all that in mind... Ima gonna post the photo one more time so look quick...

Otherwise email me and I'll get back to ya. Its worth the effort!

If you look at her face the lip gloss makes it look like a bit of spit dripping. Other than that I guess the picture is ok.

Well now that we got that straight....

Last week, Dennis and I went to pick up a 1500 FI engine/gearbox/rear suspension/tire lump that some guy GAVE me. Dennis borrowed a massive wooden trailer, loaded his HF engine hoist aboard, hooked it the back of his wife's Mercedes SUV and met me at the guy's house for the pick up (thank you Dennis!).

On the way back to my house, I was following him and he was driving cautiously as the engine was precariously balanced on the trailer. All of a sudden, a cherry Red Ferrari Dino 246 passes us on the left making some great noises. Zoom - off goes Dennis in hot pursuit hauling a 15 ft trailer behind him! All I could think of as I set off after him was "there goes my free engine"!.

So, having JUST seen a 246 Dino up close AND being the owner of a mint 1997 NSX, I must disagree with your observation regarding Acura plagiarizing the Dino design. If they look similar, its only because both figured out that was the most beautiful shape for a car!

Long ignored by the collector market, NSX's are just starting to come in to their own. A mint 1994 just sold today on "bringatrailer.com" (great site if you never visited it) for $80,000. That's roughly twice what it would have brought 2 years ago.

I think/hope that at some point the market will find our little gems as well.

Ed

Oh... I never got that far up and to the left...

to notice that.

It also could be a reflection like the bit of white above her lip... hopefully. I am now a bit distracted by the black glove-let and the ring, and the sharpness of her facial lines... and lots of make-up... and that brings up a whole-nother bunch of possibilities...

I think I'll just wander down and to the right of this foto again. I was happy there...

I agree Ed... and after cleaning up my Vette...

the other day I too stood back and thought... That Coke-Bottle shape of the C3's will just NEVER go out of style.

I wonder where these designers got the idea that smooth, rounded curves would look good on a car?

Indeed Rod... but when I finally did notice...

a car in the photo, I obviously didn't take a close look and mistakenly called it a Nissan instead of an Acura.

I guess I was distracted by something... or something...

Back