OMG - Where have I seen this before?

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Found in Hemming's News today...

Brooks Stevens fans are generally Brooks Stevens fans because the industrial designer took an out-of-left-field approach to many of his designs, and none came from further afield than his Evinrude Lakester concept of 1970, a combination speedboat and dune buggy ostensibly powered entirely by the boat’s Evinrude outboard motor. Mac’s Motor City Garage took a look at the concept this past week and wonders whether it ever really ran or if it still exists.

This is NFC material

Hi Tony,

There is no Fiat content here and it should have been posted in NFC. I will move it there.

Last edited:
Found in Hemming's News today...

Brooks Stevens fans are generally Brooks Stevens fans because the industrial designer took an out-of-left-field approach to many of his designs, and none came from further afield than his Evinrude Lakester concept of 1970, a combination speedboat and dune buggy ostensibly powered entirely by the boat’s Evinrude outboard motor. Mac’s Motor City Garage took a look at the concept this past week and wonders whether it ever really ran or if it still exists.

So how do you get the car part back up the launching ram once the boat is unloaded? In the 80's there was a motorhome with the same concept except each section had it's own power source. I saw one of the boater-homes on a lot in Buena park Ca. It looked kind of cool from what I remember. The Lakester looks sort of like an X with the top bar. I can see how Tony might have gotten mixed up.

Hey Jim... does it not wreak of the Barchetta Design?

Barchetta meaning "Lil' Boat"...

fourlinks_Stevens_Lakester.jpg

... and while I'm on the lil' boat thing... do you have a photo of that photoshopped X1/9 boat? I think there was one on a trailer also...

Thanks Jim... I hope you know I am old and lonely and just having a bit of fun, and not at too much at your expense either.

My best,

Tony

Back