Portland, OR area potluck and swap meet, Feb 13th, 2016

Brett

True Classic
For anyone in the area, or willing to travel here...

Potluck and Swap Meet at:

10812 S Toliver Rd, Molalla, OR 97038

Start time 11am-ish, end time 5pm-ish. (early or late arrivals OK, just trying to put some bounds on the things :))

Bring food, parts, cash (for parts), stories, friends, etc.
Fiats, especially X-1/9s, welcomed but not required.

Will clear space in shop for parts swapping if it ends up raining.
Open kitchen for any food that needs heated, etc.

Brian, I was thinking this would be a great opportunity for you to get the CD-91s I owe you :)

Rod, which kind of spoiler are you looking for? I have one my might be willing to part with. (I was looking at it today and don't think it will work for what I want to do, which was to incorporate into a custom grill).

FWIW, I will also have a set of Mittelstead refurbished BWA SportStars with brand new tires for sale. Decided to just go 15" on all of my cars...

Also several other things I think I'm ready to part with as restoration directions are firming up and there are several things that don't fit the current plans...

Looking forward to seeing all who can make it!

-Brett

Brian, I was thinking this would be a great opportunity for you to get the CD-91s I owe you :)-Brett

Was thinking the same thing. Do you still have all the K20 stuff? I can bring the hanging scale and get a good weight of all the components if you still have them and want to mess with it.

86. please.

bpimm Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Midkiff
front lower spoiler, under the radiator.

early metal or late plastic? I have some of the late ones, but not any of the early ones Im willing to part with.

LOTS O' STUFF!!

So, I just agreed to pickup someone stash. There is a lot of good stuff in here, but there is more than I can use. I still have one more load to get... I need to get shelving units and wrap my head around all this stuff. I really wasn't prepared, so here it is just dumped in the barn... hopefully I will make some progress sorting and prepping before 2/13/16...

Few things I KNOW I DON'T plan on keeping:
One of the two four speeds. Most of the 5 speeds will go eventually, but not before I go through them.
The two front fenders (also have a rear quarter, not pictured)
Most of the shocks and struts. Some of the A arms and knuckles.
I have extra wheel sets, bumpers, etc...

AAD5264F-53C2-45EE-95C5-2689EAC06720.jpg

718DFCD3-D3E6-4118-9104-F06F47D2D28E.jpg

BE9BCBEB-D171-4CD1-B32B-1FFC9CBDF22F.jpg

CA701831-F097-4C9A-B170-96572CAC4674.jpg

2D35CB38-A9FE-49F3-9DCA-D9A6691EF037.jpg

DEE62F93-F3B8-4300-A231-D7E7EBEF6B58.jpg

I'm interested in dual carb intake set up, euro head, original radio for early dash, a single 4x98 spare wheel (I only have 4 wheels total) fuel tank cover plate. All these parts to fit a 1978 X1/9.

There are more heads than I can use, and there is a variety. I am definitely keeping some of them, and definitely parting with others. And I have at least three of the factory original spare wheels, with tires, if you want an actual spare that fits behind the passenger seat as per designed. I would love to see ALL of them go... :)

Re: 4-speeds

Few things I KNOW I DON'T plan on keeping:
One of the two four speeds.

DEE62F93-F3B8-4300-A231-D7E7EBEF6B58.jpg

You might want to look those 4-speeds over more closely before sending them away to others. The 2 at the top of this pic look like they might be for 128/Yugo models, not X1/9s? :hmm:

You are correct.

The top two are for a 128. One of them has a 4.41 gear set as well. If you have a 4 speed x 1/9, the guts are the same with the exception of the shift rod.

Hope this helps.

Well shoot.
I won't be able to make it up there, a promise I made a few months back happened to impact this date. So poo.

On the other hand, if anyone is in the Southern Oregon area for the weekend of February 12-13 please stop by the Southern Oregon Hot Rod and Custom show at the Jackson County Expo grounds.

I will be there representing the Siskiyou Sports Car club ands displaying my 128 race car.

Have fun at Brett's sorry I won't be able to join the fun!

Looks like I can make it

The wife and daughter want to go to Portland for the weekend and so they were nice enough to let me sneak over to the swap for a while. Can't bring an X but will bring some parts. I am looking for an accelerator pedal for a '79-88. I cannot find mine anywhere and it is driving me nuts so hopefully someone has an extra they don't need.

Not going to be able to make it, Much rather be there than at a funeral for someone I have never met. But you know how it goes....

Just got home from this! It was great to meet some of the people!

After the gathering went to portland and visited my daughter, then sunday picked up an entire AC systrm from an X, the wire section I need, jack and 4 tron rimes (anyone have any centers for them?)

Now I'm home wishing my broken wrist was better so I could play with the X.

Back