X1/9 Cover

78paesano

True Classic
Anyone have a source for quality cover for X1/9? Car is mostly indoor. I remember a thread about Amazon a while back but don't remember now. Thanks

I can tell you what NOT to buy.... don't buy this:

I bought one in late April, used it only a few times and its already split, leaking and coming apart. Moreover, I can't get a warranty response from the seller!

I bought it as a rain cover. I have bought other eBay covers to use as indoor dust covers - single layer - and they have held up nicely for the price.

Ed

covercraft

Covercraft has the custom X pattern with mirror pockets, lots of fabric choices, such as:
WeatherShield HP C10056PG
Block It Evolution C10056GK

The covercraft is real nice, but not inexpensive

Covercraft has the custom X pattern with mirror pockets, lots of fabric choices, such as:

I got one a few years ago. It is lightweight, fits nicely and comes with a tie down. It is excellent for outdoor use, although I have only used it outdoors for a few days at a time over the years.

IM002659.JPG

The front targa seal on my 85 was leaking badly at FFO a couple years ago in Chicago where it seemed like it rained almost every day of the event. This cover kept the car from filling up overnight. We had some very heavy rains and the car was perfectly dry under this cover.

Last edited:
Mirror pockets

Covercraft website for HP and Evolution said without mirror pockets, how do I enter the product code? Do I have to call them? Thanks

Update - I've brow beat them into responding and they are offering to send me a new cover if I send them $20 for shipping. And, I don't have to return the current one!

Not a bad deal but I suspect the new cover won't be any better than the old one.

Ed

mirror pockets

Yes, you have to call Covercraft, or California Car cover and give them the C10056 code. I don't know why they can't list all options on their web site??

Back