Surgery Rehab Therapy

Red Bull 78

True Classic
I finally found a way to spend my surgery rehab down time while I can't go to work OR work on my car. I found a couple of old books I read back when I was in Jr High. (That's Middle School to you young, whipper-snappers.) Last night, I read "The Black Tiger at Indianapolis" and the next time there's nothing on TV, I'm gonna read "Thunder Road".
First time I've done a "Book Report" in years, But the gist is an Indy Winner, Wins a Road Race at Riverside In'tl Raceway, then Challenges a Road Race Champion to race at Indy. He shows up at Indy with a Totally Radical car.

That's all you get. No spoiler alert here.

I paid $18.00 for the books on Ebay. When I got to the end, the flyleaf had a list of similar books also available in paperback, in 1964. prices ranged from 35 to 50 CENTS or 3 for $1.00. :mallet:

It gave me some ideas for the Ultimate "X 1/9", but we can discuss that in the Workshop, OK? :D:italia::wacko::geek:

That's great:D

I especially liked how you set the young "whipper snappers" straight, until it dawned on me that our JR High/High School was torn down/replaced a couple of years before I got there, and after that we had a New Highschool and New, separate, duhn duhn duhn... Middle School.
So yeah, I had visited the JR High when my sister was there, but by the time it was my turn, well, I guess I'm one of the young whipper snappers you were setting straight. lol
kudos on your book report as well, I'd definitely give you an A+ but apparently I'm younger, and a whipper snapper, so they probably won't let me grade your papers.
Wish you luck on your recovery:)

Life, as we know it, changed

somewhere in the 80's. I was too strung out from the 70's, trying to raise two girls in the 90's, to even try to keep up.

Back