Alfa Romeo V6 or SAAB b204 ?

TurboX

Took some time to get started on the project, got a lot done, re-inforcing the rear, making room for the sizeably larger motor.

All mounting brackets are done, firewall needs to be re-built once all the linkages for the various functions such as gears, clutch, etc. have been done.

The motor was completed first, using a GoTech management system, tested and run on the bench.

Some photos to follow. ..

Some years ago I started out doing a Thema 16V into my SE, but I got distracted by other things and the project stalled until it was reinvigorated by adding two cylinders.

im putting a 6g72 from a 3000gt in my scorpion, 250hp n/a and earily over 500 in twin turbo form

That was my first thought, years ago. I measured and figured I could fit it.
Later my plans changed to the 4G63T mitsubishi. It is my choice in (any brand/country) 4-cyl-turbo tuner engines from a cost/power/tunability standpoint. I have a 2.3L stroker block, and I plan to build a nice 550-600HP street engine.
Ultimately lighter weight and more engine bay space won out for me over the 6G72TT.

But I had a Saab 6000 CS with the (B204 right?) engine and I love that powerplant, that would be my choice over the Alfa V6.

the 6g72, has already been fitted, i am making the mounts this week. had everything mocked up, now its out and welding up the mounts.

also i can do powder coating now, so everything is being power coated

Help needed

Did this conversion happen as I have an Alfa 147 that I'd like to put a b204 engine into and would like to know if at all its possible many thanks

Back