a rare beautiful day in toronto!

BellaMacchina

1976 Fiat X1/9
Wouldn't it be nice to have a small targa style sports car on a day like today?

Yesterday I went to start my car and it said to me " VA fa Napoli!"

:(

how rude
I actually took my top off on the way home yesterday, took the X again today but it just started to rain hard (top is back on) and temps are plummeting (this is headed your way!) Party's over.

Last edited:
Party's over indeed.

It was 2F at home when I left for work this morning. Admittedly we now live at what some would consider high altitude. But still... :eek:

and in Oregon...

The "mini Ice Age" as its been reported as, hitting most of North America, is due to really hit tonight. For now, though, the cold and wind have started, but its bright and sunny and so I drove to work sans top. The (freezing?) rain is supposed to hit tonight, so I'll enjoy it (with heater cranked full on!) while I can. :excited::excited:

northeast

It was sunny and in the upper 50's, drove the x without the top for errand today.

No kidding what a beautiful day, opened the garage and thought maybe next year il get it running properly. DOH

Oregon's newscasters like to be dramatic...

Our forecast is 34F to 52F for the next week.
Slight abberation of 25F expected for couple of wee hours tomorrow.
Hardly a mini ice age!

And probably balmy to our northern brethern.
Soon heading out to tropical temps...70F to 90F.
Saw a late model Fiat Strada "Ute" there last year.

I put fuel stabilizer in and topped off the tank twice now, only to take off in it again, but this time I think it's for real.

Va Fa Napoli? Hmmmm...

I hadta Google that...

https://homelessandunemployed.wordpress.com/.../naples-va-fa-napoli/
Feb 8, 2011 - Va Fa Napoli literally translates to English as "Go to Naples." The way the phrase is actually used in context translates to English as "Go To Hell ...

Or... it means those other two words.

I guess if it started... you cruised around in the sunshine... and if it didn't, then the car told you it wasn't going anywhere.

Which was it?

Literal translation is, go make naples.

Because naples actually took hundreds of years to make, it implies "go eff yourself"

Aren't the Italians colourful?

The comeback if someone tells you that is "Napoli gia fatto" which is "naples is already made" or "doubly go eff yourself"

LOL

Great Day in NE

It was a nice day here in New England, I would have taken a ride myself but my car is up in the air while I install a new muffler and troubleshoot my radiator fans, as well as some winterizing.

Just keep saying, "April is just around the corner!" :sun:

15f this morning and not supposed to get much over 30f. I walked out to my metal shop and the whorefrost was everywhere. Hard to believe it was 78f yesterday.

Mike, how dare you sully the reputation of our fine local weather folks :):):whistle:(same ones has create labels like snopocalypse if it looks like we will get as much as half an inch).
We did at least freeze (barely) at my house last night. Though, just to be clear, my "mini ice age" comment was referring to the large cold front that is expected to cover most of the US for the next few days (which apparently is occurring since others are chiming in about drops from 78f to 30f).
Despite our first freeze last night, it was/is still incredibly sunny and bright here in Oregon again this morning. Counting myself blessed... :)

Frost

Not to be a grammar-nazi or anything, but the word is actually "Hoarfrost".
Hoary is an old English word for "White".

Brian

Not to be a grammar-nazi or anything, but the word is actually "Hoarfrost".
Hoary is an old English word for "White".

Brian
yes, and we know what a whore is and the term whorefrost seems to exist, I knew what he meant, just ribb'n

Back