2014 best of France and Italy car show pictures

jjay911

True Classic
Ran a bit late this year. Ask Tony he knows why.............:)

Didnt take many pics but here are a few I was able to snap off. Good to catch up with some familiar faces. Hope everyone had a safe drive home.

Nice pics JJ

Thanks for posting. Wish I could have gone. I spent most the weekend wrenching on the engine swap so happy to see some pics from the event. Weather looks like it cooperated as well.

Weather.. Ya I thought for sure it was going to be muddy from the rain we had Friday night. It was nice and dry.. Too many conversations didnt see much of the show or take many pics. Next time...

My grandson and I attended and enjoyed seeing the cars and talking with many of the forum members. It was great to see Big Bird (Mike B), Black Fang (Tony) and B. Brown. I also met Ricardo and saw his Targa tops. Nice work Ricardo. A special thanks to Bob Brown for his analytical assistance and to Tony for his many introductions and help guiding the way around the show.

More show photos ...

Photos of the Breakfast...

Brookie keeping warm ...

Apprentice Tony taking lessons from Mike,

Tony: "You touch this grill Tommy and I'll slap you up-side the head with this side of beef!!"

Tommy and Mike at work...

Tom Deutsch Bob Turchan

Brookie and Chris...

The cars ...

Tony and Tom Deutsch

The venue of our Breakfact ... Thank you Bob Turchan !!

Jose Quito and Karen

Spider Rey and Ricardo

bbrown and "the Queen" (owned by Jim S (WYOX19)

Tony and Black Tooth

Mike Z and wife Tammy

Christian N's K20 car

Ricardo showing Jim S his mods

More of the venue ...

Jose Quito and (GF) Karen

Big Byrd and Ricardo's ride

Richard Kraus and his car. (green)

Mike Bussman and Tony's daughter Noel

Next generation Tony Natoli

Rob Green's car (AKA Zonker)

Another view of Black Tooth

Bob Turchan's K20

Joe Natoli, Tony and Nicole

Tony and JJ

George Aspron

Thanks

Thanks JJ and Bob for sharing,
Great pictures ....
My prefered Tony and Bob in Black-Tooth

Great Day!

Thank you to all those for posting pics, for some unexplained reason I didn't take a single snapshot there that day (and I usually do).

JJ... U were there? Sorry I missed ya there, brother.
Tony / Mike / Bob... thank you for all the hard work and hospitality you provided at BFI and the pancake breakfast.

Cheryl and I were looking forward to making it to the pancake breakfast, but I had a FIAT moment that required a need for me to wait at Autozone's front door until they opened, to purchase a replacement electric fuel pump (first one lasted 75 miles!).

But after the repair, and with the new exhaust and other smaller issues addressed, the car ran flawlessly for the 220 mile round trip to BFI.

It indeed was a great day :)

Thank you to ALL for a GREAT DAY!!! Here are...

a few more photos of some of the oddities I found there... Unfortunately many did not come out too well. These are the best I could muster...

First off... Since Bob Brown was layin' around the house doing nuttin' most of the time... I made him detail MY car before the show...

My son Joe, daughter-in-law Nicole and my daughter Noelle showed up at the show dragging Bella-Ella-Noelle and Anthony with them. Ant'ny is a little camera-shy...

WHO IS THIS GUY, anyway? I have seen this car just about every year parked outside the event and I have no idea who he/she is! It appears to be a pure stock '79 but has hood vents for the radiator!

George Aspron's Citroen Sum-ding-er-other 2 cylinder air-cooled 4 speed "centrifugal clutch" operated thingie... that is IMMACULATELY built, torn apart, painted and then riveted back together again...

One would SWEAR it was a brand-new car! Called a Mahari! I fergit the year...

Another Citroen Sum-ding-er-other (SM?) Surf Wagon P/U El Camino, I guess. Well executed and...

... possibly the builder should be executed as well! HA!

Lastly... WHAT A SURPRISE! A day late and a dollar short as usual too! OUR Richard Banks (Quantumleap) out of Marietta Georgia had some guy up in New Hampshire ship me a 12 pack and an original Bottle Label from way back when.

If you have not had the pleasure of tasting the ORIGINAL NERVE TONIC from 1884... you are in for a real treat. Coca Cola probably stole the original Cocaine proportions in 1885 when they started up a year later...

Anyway... Google "Moxie" for more info...

Hey, if it was good enough for Ted Williams... then put it on your Bucket List the next time you are up in any of the FIVE New England states that are allowed to sell it! (NH, MA, ME, VT, CT)

Its also the Unofficial Beverage of SoCal X1/9's!

Lastly... Most of us were BEAT when we got home after a grand day meeting some old friends and getting to meet some new ones as well. Bob Turchan's generosity and the good folks from NorCal's FiatAmerica club made breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, fruit, coffee, rolls & donuts more pleasurable than anything you could get at Denny's!

Then our resident Culinary Experts (wannabee's) Mike Busman and Tommy Mastracchio cooked up the Italian Sausage and Peppers, rolls, Hamburgers, along with other donations from Susie (NorCal) and our own Ricardo with Chips and Dips, and homemade Brownies...

I had the pleasure of supplying libations... but alas, the shipment of Moxie came just a little late. Otherwise... PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT! Thanks again to all that came from all over this planet and made our day!

Last edited:
It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife...

as well Rob... and thanks for making the rather "heroic" effort to attend.

Hopefully we all can get together again soon in the Spring!

Moxie

So many times I've woken up in the morning, feeling all beat down, worn out, tired, like I was 2 or 3 quarts low on moxie...
And all this time they've been selling the stuff in cans?
Alas, Kansas isn't a Moxie friendly state, but maybe there's some bootleggers or somethin'.
Will have to research...

Great Pics btw;)

Chris, all is NOT lost! Moxie can be acquired here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moxie-soda-...926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a46472466

This is the site that my good friend Rich Banks used... It comes to about $1.67 a can (18.74 total) and he splits the 12 pack into two... and packs it in a "flat rate" Priority Mail box. (Don't even bother with Diet Moxie... Savor all the goodness of (almost) the REAL THING!

Can't be beat and if you can't find the time or whatever... I'll get ya some for Christmas!

I've seen that red Countach....

24 years ago! Went to a big exotic car show put on by RG Attractions in San Bernardino at the Convention Center, three Countaches there including this one, and the abominable countach kit car limo. Then I see it at the Long Beach Sports Arena at another sponsored exotic car show in '91, I easily recognize this beautiful Countach with those Gotti wheels, custom exhaust tips and body color panel, slightly oversized fog lights, chromed out custom engine compartment, the white interior with red piping, plus the Sabelt racing harness, and the bumper sticker below the license plate that said "Don't like my driving? Dial 1-800 Eat S#!+" lol the next time I see this car it ended up on a poster that I've had for many years now (just went to dig it up from the basement). Of course it no longer has that fun bumper sticker below the license plate, looks like the owner had the two seats re-done in red and she's currently registered in AZ.

JJ has taken a pic of this car before at a Cars and Coffee as well...wish I had the pleasure of being there for BFI! Ahh well, I had Italian car day here, will post pics of that soon...

Last edited:
Hmmmm... How can you tell its a "she"?

The fotos are awfully fuzzy and none are of the underside... But I do believe you are correct about it being the SAME car. It seems to have many of the same tasteless upgrades left over from the previous PO.

As for the AZ tags... well, one doesn't necessarily haveta be from AZ to wear them. It could be the same OO as well... getting a little mellower in his or her old age...

I like the original wheels myself...

And the four original exhaust tips too, but I do like what was done to the engine, funny, it's been like that longer than I've been married haha! Nice to see the car is being cared for, AZ tags may be what the owner's doing to keep registration and insurance low (if THAT is possible!). Several cars at Italian car day here were registered in Montana, 2 aventadors one being a roadster, and an F12 Ferrari...anyways
I might have to order another 12 pack of Moxie, running low on mine :p
Cheers! - Rich

One picture only!

It turns out I did take one picture at BFI. I found this on an Alfa.

imagejpg1-3.jpg

If ya got the Moxie...

Managed to get through the update process on my ebay account so I could login and add it to my watchlist.
I hadn't been motivated enough to deal with that stuff, but hey, when talking about Moxie...
Well, what kind of a Man would I be if I let something like that stand in my way?
Also saw that amazon had some as well, and if my tired eyes didn't decieve me, I think they were also selling Moxie Jam/Jelly.
I got side tracked so I didn't find out if you were supposed to like, smear it on toast and eat it, or smear it on yourself and just *absorb* some essence of Moxie?
It's a Mysteryyyyy
Sorry it took so long to reply. I mean, I know I've been pretty slow lately, but it just doesn't seem possible that a month could have past. It's mind boggling.
Merry Chistmas btw:)

Back