black beauty

mikemo90

True Classic
just to let all you know the progress on the x I bought from mike mittelstead.
I know, who really cares except mike and myself.
any hoo... rear suspension is in with brakes plumbed, one coil cut from the springs and it's butt is in the air like a cat in heat still. cant cut another coil until I install motor/trans.
rear area sans firewalls is all jet black as is the front trunk area.
working on the front brakes now and out of all the caliper brackets I have here, none seem to clear the rotor, so its time to break out the micrometer.
oh and papa tony..... I mean no disrespect to you and black tooth with the naming her black beauty

HA
sorry again
mikemo

No problem and Black Tooth never was pretty...

BTW... Have I ever mentioned to you that a PICTURE is worth about 1000 words...

(yur bordering on a final warning... next there will be severe punishment and FINES levied!)

See you a week from tomorrow!

see you next week??

are you crapping me or you planning a trip up the coast to the bay area?!?!?!. or are you thinking I will have her ready for the car show in la??
oh super big HA
if ya coming up, e mail me and I will plan lodging's for you.do bring gloves and coveralls cauz I'm gonna put papa tony to work!!
mikemo

Mike... Bob Brown is sitting next to me as I type...

I MEANT for YOU to come down HERE for the Best of France and Italy show...

Soooooo... See you down HERE on SUNDAY!

Tony,

Bob's already in town. Get the $20 he owes someone down here.

Also show him the FI gas tank he sent you for a carb'd car and how we got it to work.

Lot's to do tomorrow getting the old Bird ready and food shopping. See y'all at Bob's shop Sunday morning.

Mike

show...no show

I missed it, tony.
still sorting out the direction I'm going here. brakes plumed, fuel cell in, took a coil out of the springs, and it still sits too high. I can't take another out until the motor/trans in and the fuel full and I take a banzi run to see where the suspension settles. doesn't removing a coil out increase the spring rate by 75 100 pounds?? if I have to remove a second coil, so be it. I'm looking for a molar extracting ride anyway:excited:
mikemo
a.k.a. moisa:whistle:

NO... STOP! Do not remove a second coil!

If these are stock springs... they really don't compress much with the weight of the car on them, only due to the initial fitting.

Secondly, if they are original, they have settled by this time, period.

BUT, DO fit them properly in their seats!

Go here:

http://xwebforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=LoweringFrontEnd

As for the actual "upgrade" in spring tension... I really don't know. Cutting ONE coil though does remove one easier flexing coil... but you still retain one such coil on the other end. I guarantee the ride will be firm, but not harsh, and you will love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back