A 2015 Calendar?

ddoan

Star Shooter
I've gotten a few inquiries about an X Calendar for 2015. My response is that we need to decide if there is sufficient interest to justify the time and expense to create one.

Last year, I only sold 45 copies - and 14 of those went to one person. Clearly, that isn't enough to sustain the effort. Plus, it was difficult to obtain enough photos from the forum community to put the calendar together. Actually, I only need a dozen, quality photos to make it happen - but then, I need to sell enough to make my printer happy. It was very kind of him to print such a small quantity for us, last year.

Really, the ball is in the court of the forum community. I enjoy the process, daunting as it can be. But I can't make it without your support.

Let me know what you think, and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Don

Don, I'm guilty of not buying a calendar, but if available for 2015 count me in. Where would you like pictures sent?

Hey Don -

I bought one last year while my X was being restored - was hoping to get her in a 2015 calendar - I'm in for two if you decide to give it another go

Send Photos To...

Should have mentioned that.

Okay, we can get the ball rolling by seeing what we have in the way of photos.

You are all invited to send photos of your favorite car to me:

don*doanarchery.com.

That is the e-mail address we'll use until I get a calendar page developed on my website: www.doanarchery.com. More on that later.

I'll keep tabs on the number of images we get, and once we've achieved critical mass, I'll start dropping them into my calendar layout.

So, here we go...

Don

First off, Don... Thank you for all you do...

My thoughts are many-fold and conflicting... probably kinda like what you are experiencing as well.

1. I hate to see more that ONE car per calendar month, as its like hanging two Rembrandt's on the same wall... They are magnificent in their own right, and posting another right next to another only distracts you.

2. I either want MORE months in the year... or just MORE photos somehow. Maybe a WEEKLY calendar would garnish us 52 or more photos!

3. I would need to clear out more space in my garage to post it up... and it is already cluttered with posters and the like I don't wanna tear down. (I know, build onto the garage!)

4. Maybe a LARGE daily DESK CALENDAR would be something I could actually have in the house to see all the time! It couldn't be too large, but needs to be big enough to enjoy, maybe a 5" x 7" kinda thing. I'll clear my desk for something like that. Daily would give us 365 or more photos... (or a gradual build of one car!!!)... but it could be weekly as well. (I bet that would be a helluva lot of work, huh!)

5. I have no one else to give the calendar to... as their interests vary. I tried this a couple of years back... so I would only be purchasing one or two.

I think I have captured some of the dilemma in my mind, and probably others as well as yourself. Somehow I hope this helps... either on moving you forward in another direction, or to comfortably laying this to rest...

I would buy one again this year.....

Maybe try to sell the non spoken for ones on ebay. I think that would find a larger market than just Xweb.....
Bobr

I would buy one again this year.....

Maybe try to sell the non spoken for ones on ebay. I think that would find a larger market than just Xweb.....
Bobr

I would love to have my car in a calander.

I would help how ever I could to have a spot on the calander, my x1/9 is almost show room condition, with only 30,410 miles on her.

September 2014 is nice...

September 2014 is nice... but I'm biased. :italia:

I'm in for at least 2. More photos forthcoming, but I'm happy to let others have a chance. C'mon folks, this is our community's calendar and you have to sumbit pics to help make it happen.

I'm in...

I love the calendar from last year, and this year, I'd like to make a submission for consideration. I'm sending you a couple of photos right now of Louis--1983 X1/9, fully restored.

Should have mentioned that.

Okay, we can get the ball rolling by seeing what we have in the way of photos.

You are all invited to send photos of your favorite car to me:

don*doanarchery.com.

That is the e-mail address we'll use until I get a calendar page developed on my website: www.doanarchery.com. More on that later.

I'll keep tabs on the number of images we get, and once we've achieved critical mass, I'll start dropping them into my calendar layout.

So, here we go...

Don

What will be the cut-off date for picture submission Don?

I just sent Don a bunch of pics

Why don't we all agree to flood him with pictures so he can't help but say yes to another calendar this year. His email is listed above. I know everyone is proud of their cars. Show your pride in them by boasting in words and pictures to everyone. And for all you X fans out there, show your support for the effort by ordering one or more. They'll make you smile year round! Cheers.

Why don't we all agree to flood him with pictures so he can't help but say yes to another calendar this year. His email is listed above. I know everyone is proud of their cars. Show your pride in them by boasting in words and pictures to everyone. And for all you X fans out there, show your support for the effort by ordering one or more. They'll make you smile year round! Cheers.

I am planning to get at least 10 for various gifts, etc. I will hit up the FA club as well. I know there are many X owners in the club who don't happen to browse our site.

-Tim

I'm in

Don,
I'm in for calendar,

I will try to take pictures this weekenf of Kermit :)

Last edited:
Back