At the car wash

Wow, two VWs (both TDI's?) and the Land Yacht.

A friend of mine here in GR is a serial Yacht owner, he frequents the garages of old dead people (he is one of the local medical examiners i.e. coroner) which helps him find them.

Some nice rides there. Especially that silver multiple boxes in a row...

Wow, two VWs (both TDI's?) and the Land Yacht.
The sport wagon is a 2.5, the hatch is a tdi.
I am getting some crap about the Buick. I think it's pretty cool, and it's going to haul the OTAS around which will be about 3000lbs on a trailer.

Just drove a Roadmaster today

Well, I backed it out of my parent's garage along with their Grand Marquis, so I could get mom's 27 boxes of Christmas cra... errr.... decorations down from the shelves. I got to test drive it when my dad bought it. I think it has the same v8 as the Corvette from the same model year. It hauls ass. My dad has always had a thing for big GM wagons with big V8s.

Maybe.

Best I can get out of my 6.2L Escalade is 20 mpg on the highway. In town, forget it. :sad:

HA! Love those HUGE wagons... Along those lines...

We called the CAPRICE sedans the Cops used, ORCAS...

But properly done with some tasteful upgrades... the IMPALAS could look and perform like this:

And if you Google Chevrolet and Shamu... you get all three varieties of GM's Orcas...

I personally think the Buick is the best looking with the Vista-Cruiser roof design that they stole from Oldsmobile...

I see... All my horns in the last 15 years come from...

China... be they regular horns or air horns.

BTW... ya really need to ad a set of 2 or 3 air horns to the X1/9. Traffic never sees ya... but with air horns... they usually just move away from the sound.

Harbor Freight for 15 - 20 bucks...

I always learn something new at the car wash. Especially helpful tips.
denisyoung,

You have made exactly two posts and they are so generic that a robot could have written them. Not to mention you picked out a post from 2014 to respond to this time. Your member profile location says New York. Your IP says it is in the dead center of Kansas with no city listed. The ISP host seems to be HIVELOCITY with no presence in Kansas. Finally, your IP seems to be listed on at least one IP blacklist.

Care to explain before I spam you? :)

UPDATE: banned denisyoung and cleaned out the two posts.

Last edited:
His post title "at the car wash" did make me think of that 70's disco song/movie title. And now that I suggested it, we are all singing it in our heads...over and over and over. o_O

Perhaps I should say "all of us over a certain age" rather than "all" of us. :rolleyes:

220px-Car_wash_1976.jpg

I love that movie. I'm not in to "musicals" but that one I'll watch anytime.
Thanks Jim, I wondered why someone was responding to such an old post.

Yes, thanks once again Jimmy for watching out for us. Love you buddy. :)

At least this time the guy didn't include a link to click on, with a vague explanation of what it was. That was the most suspicious aspect of his first post in my view. However the overall relevance of this second post was even more vague than his prior one.

Back