It came back!

DUB101

True Classic
I've been lurking here and quietly searching for a replacement X1/9 ever since I sold my green 81' a few years ago to a member here (Sponge).

Well a few weeks ago Glenn messaged me offering me the opportunity to have it back.

After just opening an automotive detailing business, I chatted with my girlfriend/business partner and determined it would look great in our showroom but perhaps not the right time. After which, Glenn made me an offer I simply could not refuse. Him and his wife were really something else and incredible to deal with, proof that truly great people are still out there!

Fast forward to last night, we brought it back home and I cleaned it up for display duty this morning.

As well as a bit of and update, not only did I get back into an X1/9 but this past year my girlfriend and I bought a pair of 2014 Fiat 500's. Hers is a loaded 500c Lounge, and mine is a loaded 500 Abarth! Both black on black, both factory order cars.

As well, in case any of you have a moment...check out our Facebook page * facebook.com/dragasautogallery and have a look! Any feedback or constructive criticism is welcome, were always looking for ways to learn!

And because I know everyone here loves pictures, I'll leave these here!

Thanks for lookin!

That's a fine looking X. And a fine year too ;-)
Looks great in your showroom!
Is that a factory color? I've not seen one like it.

Awesome

The X looks great. I'm in London, an hour down the road, next summer, me and my X will come for a visit. Just finished shovelling the driveway.... aaarrrggghhhhh. But at least we didn't get anything close to what happened in Buffalo. Stay warm.

It was originally a brown car, the current color is a circa 2004 Mini Cooper dark metallic green. I actually really like it as well, although the time comes it will likely get changed for something else.

Since I've sold it, Glenn had spent the past couple of years rebuilding/replacing/refurbishing every mechanical piece I can see, including some I can't. So the car actually drives beautifully, but like any X1/9 it lacks power. So step one will be determining which route to go, get everything I possibly can from a worked over 1.5, or bin the entire drive train and go for a swap of some kind.

Along with cosmetics, going to 74' style bumpers, different wheels, interior etc.

And yes, anyone local or passing through is always welcome to stop by for a visit! I'll be updating Facebook and here with the cars progress!

Myron I've actually seen yours in person at the meets in Woodbridge and at Italian Car Day! I've only seen a couple X1/9's in Ontario and mostly in that area. But I'll definitely be there again this year at the show, either with the X or the Abarth.

Congrats all around... Glenn WHO though...

Was he in the Bay Area in California?

Great looking showroom of yours as well... as I would hardly call it a garage!

Haha thank you :)

We specialize in bespoke automotive detailing. So we get the chance to work on some pretty unique rides. So we wanted the showroom and space to be a comfortable place to hang out. Those display cases are full of diecast cars, hand built scale models and Hot Wheels that I've been collecting since I was a kid. I was inspired by a few different places online and I also used to work for a dealer that specialized in Exotics, Muscle cars, luxury vehicles etc. So I gained a lot of interesting/unique knowledge there.

As for Glenn, he's also up in Canada here where I am! Haven't looked through the documentation in a long time but I know it's a Canadian delivered vehicle.

Not to mention, Glenn included a whole pile of books, documents, receipts, a Gold Portfolio, brand new owners manual etc. Really, the kind of guy you want to buy a car like this from.

So... I guess those of us in the lower 48...

weren't really supposed ta know who Glenn was then...

Anyway... OUR NorCal Glenn kinda disappeared and sold his immaculately restored X for a song. I fergit who has it... but yours and your guys seems to be cut from the same mold.

Congrats... looking forward to seeing and hearing more from you...

Appreciate the kind words! I will be sure to update as work begins with the car. As well as anything interesting you guys may want to see that rolls through the shop! Not many X1/9's that I know of in the area but definitely some very unique Italian sheet metal!

Back