Official Member Car Picture Thread

In the Action

My two Exxies in the local hillclimb, my son is driving the red one, I'm in the rather slower blue one

My second '79 X

I've had it about a year, found it on Craig's list. When I called,the seller was on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck. The add said he would drive it across the country. When I bought it, I wouldn't drive it out of the neighborhood.

last weekend went for a great drive and found the best spot for a picture.

IMG_5717.jpg

http://www.x19.com.au

1977 X1/9

my first X1/9. Fiats since 1979 and I finally bought an X this year. I have wanted one for all these years and finally decided they aren't getting any less rusty as the years go by so I found this one on classic auto trader. I drove out to California to check it out which is nearly 2,000 miles for me. The rest is history. Drove it home through death valley and then up through Ouray and the rocky mountains. No mechanical issues and got over 30mpg most of the way. What a gutless sweet ride! I love it. My spider has been getting a lot of rest these days. Getting ready to do an engine swap this winter. Likely a stroked Tipo motor with dual webers.

Here are some shots of some of my cars. I'll upload more soon. As you can see some of them are project cars. And one of them has a little history here...

Last edited:
Red & White

I really like the picture of the picture of the red car with the white door & hood under the lean-to. It just exudes hope and optimism, not just an eventful past.

Very nice.

Brian

That car sat under a palm tree in San Francisco for years. The rain tray on the nose peice is rusted but the rest is in very good shape. It would make a great tub, you know just in case the racecar gets bent!

That car came from a guy who flips cars in Chicago land. Had TX plates and lots of sun fading! Has AC that still almost works. It had the usual rust under the panel in the rear trunk, but other than that (it's been fixed), it is VERY rust and corrosion free. NO rusted bolts, etc.

Wondered what became of that one. One day it was there and then the next, gone. It was a pretty nice looking car.
Just picked this 83 up. Thought it would be nice to have one I could drive and not just work on.

Stumbled upon this picture of my car while browsing facebook posts. I don't know the guy that took the picture and I had never seen it before. I thought it looked pretty cool so I thought I would share it with everyone here.

This was during the parade lap at Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos, Texas.

Last edited:
My new '82 X

So many nice ones here. Mine is on it's way to NY from Michigan.
Her it is being loaded on to the carrier. I expect it to arrive tomorrow. :woot:

I took the day off today, and decided to take the Bertone up to Stevens Creek Reservoir (now that there is actual water in the reservoir, last month the water level was 11 feet lower). Warm, summer-like weather, targa top stowed in the frunk.

P1000657.JPG

Last edited:
I took the day off today, and decided to take the Bertone up to Stevens Creek Reservoir (now that there is actual water in the reservoir, last month the water level was 11 feet lower). Warm, summer-like weather, targa top stowed in the frunk.

Very nice!

Got the fleet up and moving today. Only one thats hiding is the 66 beetle thats many many many hours away from moving under its own power.

IMG_1807_zpsplhf1776.jpg

Back