DF issues from Southern Hemisphere (moved from RacerRon's thread)

Probably not my software

FWIW that telco is still a SNAFU organisation many folks hate.

So YOU are the one who is responsible for the load shedding software that has taken their network down at least three times IIRC in recent times.:mallet:

Best regards

Sandy

So Rugby is not footy and footy is not Rugby League. You were correct in your original statement, I don't have a clue. :)

The software I put in was for managing the operator work force, not their network. It was only used for about 5 years in the late 1990's. The Telstra folks decided they could write their own version of our software and kicked us to the curb. :boxing:

Here is a bit of trivia for you...

Who are the current Olympic rugby champions? (I'm talking proper 15-a-side stuff, not Sevens)

USA - Paris,1924.

Brian

Fair enough you are excused, it's not the first time they thought they could manage it without help.

Lets go Way OT - This BB issue will be long in the fix'in.

Oh that's EASY Brian

And aren't they magnificent, real women real teamwork and a fantastic result. I was so proud of 'our girls'. Charlotte Caslick's performance was awesome to watch.

People on a bigger pay grade than me can't figure out what keeps going wrong for the men. But then the refferee sent Woodman off for dirty play. I have seen no action taken about the eye gouger. The girls are the oposite of the guys. Five straight wins against New Zealand. Did you know 'our girl' Sharni Williams works as . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

a mechanic. Excellent
Pearls they are indeed.

United States beat their France hosts in the final of a men’s 15-aside tournament way back when.

Rugby 7's , 15' now our hosts will be confused.

Gettin' off the "footy" now...............!

.....FWIW that telco is still a SNAFU organisation many folks hate.....

....before our US "buddies, cobbers, mates" start trying to convince us that their own peculiar aerial Ping-Pong game is the World's most-watched (hahaaaaa :pigsfly:) game, I now have to pitch my own HATE THAT TELSTRA MOB remark in!!
If ever there was a bunch of $$$-grabbing useless a/holes (is that permissible, Jim?) in this world, it was that Ozzie Telstra mob.
At one stage (before they went belly-up here) there was some serious talk about kidnapping their management team and STRINGIN' THEM UP!
Yep, they were hated over here!
They were taken over here by Vodafone (a Pommy crowd of thieves) a couple of years ago who have turned out to be just as big a bunch of bandits as Telstra.
Methinks the world should just go back to using Coke cans with lengths of string between them for communication! :nuts:.

cheers, Ian - NZ

I went a couple weeks thinking Xweb was offline before I realized I had to empty my browser's cache to get it to work in Safari again.

To get back on topic for a moment ;-)

Re: What did you do to your X today?

I've tried viewing it at home on my PC laptop with IE, blank page.

Now I'm trying to view it on my work computer, late 2015 iMac with El Capitan 10.11.6 with Safari, blank page.

Both computers get regularly cleaned and caches dumped.

Therefore, I can only conclude that the Mods have cleverly found a way to block me from viewing that page. :cry::cry::cry:

In all seriousness, I don't get it. How can I use 2 completely different systems and still not be able to see anything. And I mean I get a totally blank, white page.....

Cheers,

Rob

Tried Chrome or firefox

my guess: Somewhere in your systems is some piece of information that is causing this issue with interpreting that page.

Have you tried another browser ? I was surprised to find that Firefox worked for xweb when chrome would not. Chrome didn't work for at least a week after Firefox was working for me. I flushed and cleared many times.

Have you tried uninstalling your current browser and reinstalling it from a fresh download?

I find that the "What did you do to your X1/9 today ?" (and only that thread that I have come across) comes up blank whenever I am logged in. When viewing as a guest there is no problem. This applies to Opera, Vivaldi, Firefox and Chrome.

Try linear mode

I find that the "What did you do to your X1/9 today ?" (and only that thread that I have come across) comes up blank whenever I am logged in. When viewing as a guest there is no problem. This applies to Opera, Vivaldi, Firefox and Chrome.

Hi Bjorn,

I logged out and I could still see the thread. I think this came up one other time, but have you tried setting your viewing mode to linear? I always use linear, but just now when I was logged out I tried setting to threaded and hybrid and got the blank white page on the "What did you do..." thread for both of those modes. I had to go back to the main Xweb page, pick a different thread and reset my view to linear. Then I went back to the WDYDTYX1/9 thread and I can see it again.

So if you haven't already, try linear mode.

Have you tried linear mode

Rob,

Have you tried linear mode? See my response to Bjorn. I was able to achieve the white page by switching to threaded or hybrid. Linear works for me and that is my default setting.

Selecting linear mode solves the problem for me, but I went back to hybrid mode anyway. This is the mode I prefer, and there is only one thread (that I don't follow anyway) that gave me problems in hybrid mode.

Back