My very special Scorpion for sale

Mang

Daily Driver
Just put it up on an ad - Ferrari chat dot com. I'm just more active there with passion for so many varied Marques. If you are unable to access that ad and are interested more, let me know. I recently acquired a great fiat 850'spider and choosing to keep it - gulp. I LOVE them both, but it boils down to size. The fiat is tiny and fits where the Lancia won't. It is an exceptionally nice example.

Mang -

Do you have an 850 like this:

I live down the hill from you. Have a couple Scorpions too:

Mang -

Do you have an 850 like this:

I live down the hill from you. Have a couple Scorpions too:

Yes, my 850 is similar. I made contact with you soon after joining, would love to get down your way and check your cars, they look amazing!

Mark, promise I'm not 'copying' you. We have mutual great taste in fine Italian sportscars. Really fascinating we are roughly 100 miles apart and have these similar and rare for sure combination of cars/colors!

Planning to replace the center section on the 850 front bumper and remove over riders too at that time...resembling yours! I'm also busy putting together a set of Melber major wheels with custom 'fakey' knockoff center caps. Miura 'esque' - the wheels look similar to yours a bit too. Still a bit more to do, have abarth logo center caps...hint - after bumbling around with searching for a 'perfect' fit and look, I discovered the answer in golf cart wheel accessories/knockoffs.

Last edited:
Actually, I may have copied your 850. I saw yours or one like it on an Alfa site. I contacted the painter for the code, but ended up going with a similar but different shade. Always thought it was the perfect color for the 850 Spider. I think there's another covered headlight spider in northern or southern California the same color.
My Scorpion is black, but have been toying for years with painting it a metallic charcoal.

I dropped the price of the Scorpion to $15k. It's a good value here. Would love for it to go to a Lancisti who can bring the best out of it.

image.jpeg This Scorpion is still for sale. Forgot to update here, but priced at $13,900. now.

Wanted to mention, there has been zero interest in my car. It's been for sale for months. When I found it - I jumped on it as I felt it was a really cool car and a great value. Please be cool with your take on things, but am I a 'sucker' for owning this car in this valuation range? I would guess it would take twice the a$k to restore a car to this level?

Last edited:
You have a beautiful car. One that most anyone would love to own. Including me, if I were a few years down the road with some other things. A Scorpion is high on my list of must have cars.

In a few years the price on this car will seem like a bargain if things go well. Or if things don't go well it will still be a high price for a niche car.

We are all in the same boat with these cars, the value of the cars doesn't match the cost of making them back into the wonderful cars they are. We all over invest in a our moldering old Italian cars that are not appreciating at a rate that equals that investment, yet. The Scorpion is a special case among all of these special cases. It was only made for a few years, it is a coach built car, the specification is sort of exotic if not what it might have been and not many people know anything about them.

I don't know why it hasn't sold or why there hasn't been a nibble. It may be partly the way you initially presented the car for sale or that sadly there isn't a huge market for these cars. You have also been selling it to people who either already have one, have something very much like it or who don't really want another. Perhaps broadening the market of people you are trying to sell to would be better. Is there a way to get back onto BAT? Either as an auction or on the site to drive some traffic.

Perhaps when describing the car instead of talking about the value of the car, instead present the value in and of the car and why one should buy your car over any other like it. Or the fact that there really isn't another quite like it and or in its condition. You need to make your car the appeal.

I hope that is of some help. I wish you much luck with the sale of your car, it is a fine example. As is your 850 which is also on my list of must have cars for my future...

Thanks, I really appreciate the thoughtful message. I sold my derelict Porsche 912 in 8 hours. Crazy how these things go. Then I stumbled into another 850 spider - and acquired it, when too many cars is my problem. I'm now looking for storage, lol.

This should be in FS&W. Not sure why no one noticed all this time. Maybe you will get some new eyes on it.

Another thought. There are almost more pictures of other cars in this thread than the car you are selling. Pointing to the Ferrari Chat isn't great, because people have to belong to Ferrari chat to look at the pictures.

It looks like a really nice car. Spring is coming, that should be a good time to make a new push. Like Karl suggested, try to get it back on BAT.

Thanks for moving it to the appropriate place. I forgot you have to be a member on the other forum to see photos, apologies.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    513.1 KB · Views: 32
Love the quad headlight look! I did the same thing to mine:

I also changed the rear lamps to Opel GT, actually installed upside down:

That's a fantastic Scorpion you have there, I really like the charcoal gray color. If I was in the market I would be all over this one...

Pete

Thanks for the props, the charcoal color is sourced from Aston Martin interestingly. This car was originally 'light blue'. The paintwork is thorough and very nicely done.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 25
Please be cool with your take on things, but am I a 'sucker' for owning this car in this valuation range? I would guess it would take twice the a$k to restore a car to this level?

it's possible the car is overvalued, regardless of money spent previously. If emissions
were present and working it would be more attractive to potential buyers in CA.

Please be cool with your take on things, but am I a 'sucker' for owning this car in this valuation range? I would guess it would take twice the a$k to restore a car to this level?

it's possible the car is overvalued, regardless of money spent previously. If emissions
were present and working it would be more attractive to potential buyers in CA.

It is titled as a '75 - I think that makes it a non issue? I didn't ask how it has a '75 title, but it does, last title was California - then on to me in NV. Where I register, no smog required so a non issue for me, but I think anyone (including California) can register with ease?

Last edited:
interesting! What is the production date? It should be stamped to a thin metal,plate and riveted
To the car frame on the drivers side right under there the door latch catches.

Love the quad headlight look! I did the same thing to mine:

I also changed the rear lamps to Opel GT, actually installed upside down:

That's a fantastic Scorpion you have there, I really like the charcoal gray color. If I was in the market I would be all over this one...

Pete

Meant to reply, yours is a really great Scorpion, nice job!

Back