$65.00 or $650.00 Question

Red Bull 78

True Classic
I'm thinking, the lower end of the shaft fits in a hole. I missed it and the Allen Screw pushed it off center enough to Fark with the thread alignment and ultimately allowed it to drop into the "Pumkin". No! It just rides on a Flat spot, if it touches anything at all.
I know the Allen Screw is just to hold it in place. Once you get it lined up right.
On a "new" car, it would be a "finger-tight" fitting, THEN tighten with the Allen Wrench. I needed the wrench to get it completely out of this 36 year old Beast.

I want to understand and explain this Major League Blooper, so no one else ever makes the same mistake again.

Ya know Red, you really oughtta pay more than $2 bucks

for that wine you drink...

Maybe even title your post with something more descriptive other than price too. You kinda got us guessing here...

TransImageX1_9-Copy_zps2cd2f7b2.jpg

This "SPROKET" support... Ah... is this how they spell SPROCKET in England or did you mess it up as well. (Kinda like Labor and Labour...)

Otherwise... in the 31 years I've been messing with these cars I have never seen this particular item. I don't even pretend to know it all though... and I'm always learning... even when drinking!

BUT... YA KNOW... It could be one of those Volvo parts Hussein keeps talking about. Maybe SPROKET is how the Swedes spell it!

Sorry Guys: See my Post

"Well, I pulled a major Blooper tonite." Frustration and Budwieser don't make for good posting.

Back