Uh oh, i may have mussed up

pdxgeo

True Classic
In working on getting the header on SplitPea I pulled the manifolds before the coolant level was low enough and likely go some coolant into the intake and exhaust ports. Once I had the header on the car ran but was shaky and smoky...likely because of said coolant.

Is there a way to get it out or is the old "burn it out" thing true...?:(

It should "burn out" from here. If one or more cylinders won't fire you can remove the plug(s) and pump it out, but it usually does this automatically in short order unless the amount is enough to hydrolock the cylinder.

In working on getting the header on SplitPea I pulled the manifolds before the coolant level was low enough and likely go some coolant into the intake and exhaust ports. Once I had the header on the car ran but was shaky and smoky...likely because of said coolant.

Is there a way to get it out or is the old "burn it out" thing true...?:(

Although it might hurt your pride as a mechanic I wouldn't worry about a little coolant getting into the cylinder. I mussed up like that so many times working on my old 128 that I had to start putting about a half quart of coolant in the gas tank every second fill up or the car wouldn't run right.

Back