Short man's problem

htfx19

Herzel Frenkel
Being a shorty 5'6", I have a problem with safety belts. They cut through the front of my neck. My seat is set quite close, up front to enable my feet work and thus it is pulled tight across my chest.
I guess you got the picture.
When I use a clip to hold the belt it dangles loose when I step in and out of the car.
Could anyone have a solution ? the problem is true for both my cars, WhiteX and a Korean Chevy.

Could you maybe use a piece of velcro

on the belt and the side of the seat, to hold the belt where you want it? Press it in place when you get in the car, and then when you get out just rip it apart and the belt will hang where it is supposed to.

The downside to these types of solutions, of course, is that you are introducing more length into the belt, because you are basically turning a straight line between the two attachment points to a bent line. In a collision, that extra distance will let you travel that much closer to the steering wheel.

If no one drives the car but you, you might look into a custom seat that sits a couple inches higher.

Stay safe, Herzel.

Pete

Seat belt

Thank you Pete. The Velcro idea is worth trying. I really care more for the police than collision (seat-belts are mandatory here * $150).
My seats are already 2" higher and I've added an extra guidance point for the belt on the side of the seat. I'll post a picture as soon as I get a new camera (my grandson broke the old one).
Otherwise I am fine and wishing for peace.

Have you considered surgery?

I'm sure the folks at Cedars could do a couple of femur transplants and you could then try out for the LA Lakers...

Dear Tony

I love you but I fail to see how any operation you'll undergo may help my seatbelt situation' ha ha ha

Back