Alexs X19 pictures Racing in Australia

russloveslife

Daily Driver
At Mallala Motorsport park Pictures Takes by Andrew Coles From www.anygivenreason.com

image05.jpg

http://www.fiatlancia.asn.au/gallery_images/140720mscaspr/image03.jpg
http://www.fiatlancia.asn.au/gallery_images/140720mscaspr/image01.jpg

Which engine?

I didn't keep up on the topic of the car being sold and going to Australia. I know there were two engine choices. Which one did you choose?

which engine

both as i have a prototipio x19 as well so the 1500 is going in that and the honda staying in the red one

Last edited:
This shot of Alex's car at speed...

is truly amazing.

What happened to Russ's car though?

(Hey, after 6 months the PO is free from blame... I guess you can start calling it YOUR car then...)

alexs car

its very hard to say that its MY car, in the true sense,

Alex is the creator of the car he needs NEVER to be forgotten when the car is discussed ,

its quite amazing what he has created in my opinion and i will never forget that,

i know i own the car ,and in time ill do small improvements ,

but again Alex is the Creator and that will never be Forgotten

"RUSSALEX" might be a good name for this ride...

and as you rightfully said... he did create the car... but typing the words "Alex is the Creator" is almost BLASPHEMOUS! Kind of a scary comment to make...

I like to kinda use words that describe things in the most accurate and correct manner as I can. Hence, saying YOU OWN anything, especially an X1/9... in reality, it really OWNS YOU!

Setting that extreme aside... I like to say I'm the Caretaker... Its probably more accurate as we really never OWN anything... we CARE for it or TAKE CARE of it... and it just feels much better than being OWNED by an object! HA!

Lastly... Alex built that car originally as a Autocross Racer and did exceptionally well with his hot-rodded, Megasquirted 1500 Fiat engine. When he went over the top with the Honda/Acura whatever... the rest of the car could not really handle all the power on these relatively short tracks. He really needed to start over with a clean slate for the suspension and the like...

Now you take it on a road course and WHAA-LA! It fits nicely and runs exceptionally well and seems to handle perfectly, brakes well and doesn't overheat! I think both you and the car have found its true calling!

BTW... I believe it was the owner of Bassett Headers... usually found on hot-rodded boats, as well as on production boats... that designed and hand-delivered that exhaust system to his home!

Its got all the RIGHT STUFF! You may wanna add this photo to your signature line... I think it best displays your new car!

Back