My Project : Fiat X1/9 "Lido"

Toonhyper

Fiat Fever!
Hello,

This is a project from Thailand.

First impression at eBay, I tried every way to get her. After the seller listed twice with no bid, I thought "this is my car!".

X9Qd5.jpg

After waiting for the long journey from UK, she's arrived yesterday.
Thanks to Mr. Spencer Wright, the car ex-owner and BBS World Cargo team who served me the best service and support. We've made "impossible to possible".

Now, the car is in a garage. Waiting for restoration.

Thanks for viewing, I will update the status frequently.
Toon

At Birmingham cargo before departed:
70-20110623185027.jpg

70-20110623185012.jpg

Finally arrived Thailand!:
70-20110914213112.jpg

70-20110914213125.jpg

70-20110914213139.jpg

70-20110914213154.jpg

70-20110914213204.jpg

The wheels, I've been collecting the wheels for my project cars for years.

7Jx13" Cromodora CD66 <<< I might select this set!
8cd66.jpg

5.5Jx13" Cromodora CD30
IHvCC.jpg

5.5Jx13" Cromodora Daytona
cromodoracd32.jpg

8Jx13" Compomotive CX
pqTBt.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

Waiting restoration? Looks great in the picks!

What's your "to-do list"? Other than getting the motor back in, unless that's a spare in the crate...

Congratulations Toon!

Although the LIDO is not my personal cup o' tea... I can certainly appreciate how special and rare they are. Do keep us informed with you progress!

Waiting restoration? Looks great in the picks!

What's your "to-do list"? Other than getting the motor back in, unless that's a spare in the crate...

Yes, that's her engine. The plan for this restoration phase is engine - interior - replace the damaged parts and overall looks improvement including the rims. :innocent:

Front spoiler and left bumper need a replacement:
EZ1j5.JPG

The seats need new covers:
AGM0W.JPG

##### ##### ##### #####

I have not seen the radio place in that spot is that specific to Lido only?..Nice collection

No, that's a generic radio. Need to be removed and replace with the original dash. :)

dd0td.JPG

IE0VM.jpg

##### ##### ##### #####

Although the LIDO is not my personal cup o' tea... I can certainly appreciate how special and rare they are. Do keep us informed with you progress!

Thank you. "More update more photos", I promise. :wink2:

Toon,

That's a pretty sweet looking X you purchased. According to your definition of restoration, it hopefully won't be too long before the X has the items you mentioned completed and checked off the list.

Mike.

From the seller of LIDO EUT523T

Hi Toon, I have registered on the site so I can track your progress with the car. Glad it arrived safely and let me know if I can help you with your car or its history.

Best regards

Spencer

So Mr. Toon...

Yur not gonna modify the Lido with those WHEELS are ya?

Lido's are supposed to be returned to pure STOCK condition, IMHO and that of the WORLD I would say...

What are ya up to???

Update!

The engine installed. Now it runs OK but need some tune up. :innocent:

The engine bay is still dirty. Full restoration will start after my 2 prior projects. :wink2:

##### ##### ##### ##### #####

I need this pop-up headlight component. (the left side one) :help:
What is it called?

... looks like ...

... the headlight spring stop.

These can be found here and there.

In the US, we would try mid-west, c. obert & co ... in Thailand ... a spare parts car?

HOPE !

My hope, the water will stay away from "our LIDO" !:shock:

Best whishes, Heinz.

Back