Some photos for FUN and rememberance...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
While discussing Auto Lifts yesterday... I came across Damon Kane's method of storing your spare chassis. I had first thought I had saved this photo upside-down... HA!

Damon's award-winning ride...

Damon and his wife Michelle. He passed away a year or so ago from ALS.

Our own TV and Commercials Star Anthony G (Giangrande) in his first "love scene"... or maybe he was threatening to kill her?

Bob Brown and his first grandson Max. I think I see a resemblance...

Herzel Frenkel's visit a few years back... He was taller than all of us!
(Me, Herzel, JJ, Doug "The Ratt" Lindeman, Ricardo, and Gilles)

Steve Hoelscher and his lovely new bride Terrie...

Eddie Ramirez drunk (again) on Moxie... the "Unofficial Beverage" for ALL X1/9 caretakers...

Ed DeCarbo and his bride Barbara...

Mike Sotor (visits LA again from Nowhere, Maine) Ricardo Borja and his date Gilles, all drunk (again) on Moxie. Mike imported the refreshments!

My long distance girl friend Denise Burchette... (Don't let her husband or my wife see this!)

A great day... Tommy Mastracchio the Chef... and friends Phil and Barbara! (Tommy was burning "gravy" for two days!)

Dandy Dick Waldren... about 76 years YOUNG in this photo when he flew up to the great PNW (with his little nephew, Mel) to purchase this car from Carl, I believe... I gave him a cell phone, an alternator and some other parts and tools to carry onto the plane... and he used ALL of them getting this car back to LA

Rudy (smiling?) and Danny Mascarri who owns this stereo shop in Newhall, CA... He's doing a "98 point" restoration on his wife's X1/9 for the last 20 years. This was the X Rudy sold to some unappreciative guy in Nevada, and the same car he bought back... and is remodeling AGAIN!

Ed and Barbara sending get well wishes to my wife...

Herzel and his daughter Irit at Bob's Tuluca Lake after we went to a Jay Leno taping that day at the NBC Studios...

Whoops... two other girlfriends of mine in Italy...

Herzel and his date back in the 50's when he was attending college here in the LA area.

Greg Smith, Rose and our FOUNDER Ian "Mac" McIntosh on the 10th anniversary of this site. I think he was really SURPRISED! Ricardo built the plaque with many of our signatures on the back. Rose was Mac's loving girlfriend... He "passed away" about a year later.

Ricardo and his family prior to the birth of their son, in front of my home...

Two Tony's... Tony K from Canada on a visit to LA... in front of MY collection that I loaned to the Neathercutt Museum...

Who else... but Mike "Big Bird" Busman...

Brad and his son Trever with Black Tooth.

Albert Alvarez visiting Matt's place in Ohio I believe... He works for an airline and sure gets around... mooching rides from everyone!

At Mike Sotor's place a few years back... a classic photo of New Englander's at work... the results of their efforts are on the trailer!

Gille's Dad way back in the day. Those trophies were NOT for show...

Our "Friend" Howard... with my X parked between his club of "orphan" 914 Porsche's. A couple had hot-rodded 6's and one had a Corvette V8. One of HIS members HACKED our site and was really rude and obnoxious. Howard intervened, made apologies, had the member admonished and invited us to join them for some shared appreciation of our mid-engine outcasts. Rudy and I met him at a local Cars and Coffee meet in Woodland Hills. I found that Howard and his fellow Porschephiles were indeed gracious folks and fun to hang with. Sadly, Howard died suddenly a few months after this photo was taken.

Dick Waldren's little nephew Mel Simmonds, the day he purchased White Fang from me. For some reason... I gladly took his first offer... (That's a 7 foot garage door opening...)

My favorite Halloween picture... Tom Pazdernik before the Judge ordered him to give the FIAT to his X... We are unsure if the Judge thought he was doing Tom a favor or not. Eventually, using his son as a go-between, Tom retrieved the car many years later.

Rudy and one of his close friends, Ross Perot.

Steve and Terrie, Sharon and I at a great Italian restaurant in downtown Ventura CA... about a week after they were married.

Todd Rosenthal in some kinda Lancia something-or-other he is very proud of!

Rudy and some guy...

Mark Plaia and his family, second from the left with his wife Carol, in Eugene OR shortly before he passed away from cancer. He was a GREAT engineer as well as a GREAT person and a GREAT friend. Plaia Pivots and well as his Strut Reinforcements and Coil-over Strut-systems were just a few of his "hobby" inventions that he shared with many of us. He was also a "wrench and partner" with Chris Obert in their racing efforts with their highly modified Dallara Roadster.

JJ... way back in the day at Rudy's place in Lake Elsinore CA. After taking these cars home... one of them rolled out of the
garage due to a faulty E-brake and hit the other as well as his girlfriend's car. For some reason... his insurance company had a fit!

"Lilly"... Hmmmmm... well, she came on this site, yakked about her X1/9 and how she was wrenching on it... then showed up at Rudy's with some guy... and one of the first Lotus Elise's on the road. There was also evidence of several cones she "killed" while Autocrossing this car a week prior. Every once in a while we hear from her...

A nice shot of Jim and Janeane Schultz in the "Queen"...

My favorite "Hangin' with a bunch of old hoods..." photo, taken at JJ's townhouse complex in Tustin.

Ovi and Anky playing around at home in Romania. I think this is the one day it didn't snow that year...

Ricardo and his homemade top... (I hate that guy!) Oh... and through the top I see Wil Hurd (he can't afford a second "L" in his name...) Mike Sotor looking inside and Doug Lindeman in work attire.

I have MORE... and if you know of some that I have and DON'T want posted... Send $20 dollars per photo to my home address and a description... as a down payment.

HA!

I know I got carried away... I have so many GREAT memories and friends over the years because of this site! Hope you enjoyed them!

Last edited:
A few more

At Tony's (2005 or 2006??)

alexsx005_names.jpg

Fiat_Club_032606041_names.jpg

MWB open house 2007 at the old shop:

IM001933_names.jpg

IM001941_names.jpg

Better shot of Thomas of MWB fame (center) with Aaron(hat) and Forrest(hair) Gregory on the right. ;)
IM001945.jpg

Nice, Tony! Thanks for the pics.

For the record, the shot of Albert Alvarez was taken in Fort Worth, TX at the Vick Autosport open house.

Pete

While discussing Auto Lifts yesterday... I came across Damon Kane's method of storing your spare chassis.

Oh man - I had forgotten that one! I have a '74 chassis in my basement that's taking up floor space that I need back....

Wow with out a recent pic you would just think I went from Skinny to Fat..

I am now skinny again... uh well sorta...:whistle:

Funny think you can see the damaged Alfa in the photo in my signature and the steep driveway it rolled out of...

Back