ELectrica Diagram for 85-86 X?

Andy

True Classic
Anyone have an electrical diagram for a late US spec X?

My brake light came on the other day, reservoir is full, plus I shorted the wires on the cap, light stayed on. Switch for the e brake appears to be working.

What else could trigger this light? I rebuilt the brakes 18 months ago, still have firm pedal, and good braking.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you will find that the leads coming from...

the cap and the e-brake offer GROUND potential to the indicator light.

If that is so... then any "short to ground" anywhere along the routes they take will cause the light to come on.

I do NOT believe there are any other devices other than these two items in the circuit...

FIRST...

Go back to the LAST THING you did... and see if you pinched a wire or ran a screw through one anywhere. (I personally have never done either...)

SECOND...

Using your diagram that I believe Greg sent you... Have a friend sit in the seat with the key on and dictate to you where to look next and what colors to look for... as well as to WATCH and see if the light goes out while yur diggin'!

HTH...

Greg, the BEST guy in the whole world. Could you...

please email ME a copy of that diagram... as I no longer can find it online.

Your best friend always...

Tony

Thanks Tony..

The mystery is that I didn't do anything with the car except drive it!

You are correct about the grounds... I'll dig in and see what I can find..

If Greg doesn't get that diagram to you, I can forward it.

Damn I am good!

Took the car for a drive this evening, and I'll be dammed but the light fixed itself.

REality check tells me that I have a grounding problem somewhere, and I am sure the problem will return.. but until then I doubt I could find it, so It's fixed! (for now).

Back