Should I bring my car

docpan

True Classic
To tutto Italiano on aug 3? It is no way show ready, actually it is ready to go to the shop to be derusted and painted. It's a work in progress. What are your thoughts? Picture to follow.

Does it run and drive reliably enough to make it?

Then yes you should. Then next year you can show them the improvements

Do you have a picture of the engine bay?

I'm looking at your signature and think there may be some things in there to talk about with spectators. You know - "I started with the engine upgrade and installed ... <list of engine stuff>. Next I'm having the body done. I'll be sending it off to the body shop in ... <time frame>."

The engine might be what you show this time and, as Karl says, the body next year.

My :2c:
:)

Take it. You will enjoy the conversations.

If you don't take your car, you are stuck talking about other people's cars all day. ;) I took my primered 85 to FFO a couple weeks ago and scored 3rd place in the 83-88 Bertone category. I was a little surprised, but it was a class of only 5 cars IIRC.

bucking_jackass.jpg

1sttimeontrailer1.jpg

I swapped the track wheels/tires for street wheels/tires, spent some time touching up the primer, replaced a blown out seat (Thanks BobB!) and stuck the Bucking Jackass emblems on the front fenders. I think people got a kick out of the condition of the car and it gave them a place to set their drinks down while looking at all the nicer cars. :nana:

NO...TAKE THE BUS???

OF COARSE TAKE YOUR CAR:) If its sunny you could even stow the roof in the frunk and take corners fast on the way there. No offence but this seems a silly question to me.

ok

Alright, I just registered for the Tutto Italiano. We will see how it goes, certainly won't be the prettiest car there.

Most of the "folks" I know attending aren't the "prettiest" either...

HA!

Your car will fit right in... and get a lot of insight from the "pretty cars" that are there.

I am SURE they will enjoy seeing yours as much or more than the others. When cars are done, they're done. What you see is what you get... now move on. Cars that are not done attract a lot of attention as well as a lot of conversation.

You will have a GREAT time...

Do write up a poster of sorts as suggested entitled "Work in Progress" and list what you've done and what you plan to do. Photo histories are what you should be keeping and not just online. Print 5 x 7's and place in an album... You'll not regret taking the time along the way when you sit down and show friends your accomplishments and passion.

Do post fotos here of YOU and your TRAVELS and the event itself... as well as taking fotos of the PRETTY people you see there, like Jim McKenzie, Mike Soter, Bob Brown and all the Gregs in New England area.

Have fun...

Carol and I will be there

X-less however. Mine's not ready yet.
Don't worry Doc... It's not all about having the greatest car, it's about having the greatest model. :)

To tutto Italiano on aug 3? It is no way show ready, actually it is ready to go to the shop to be derusted and painted. It's a work in progress. What are your thoughts? Picture to follow.

In the pictures the car looks pretty good. Wash and shine everything real nice a pass it off as the first Fiat X19 Rat Rod. I am sure that when you tell of your plans for future resto you will have plenty of interest and advice. Ps. I particularly like the shiny exhaust showing.

Great!

I'm glad you decided to bring it. It may look a little rough, but just keep the engine bay open to show off those dual Webers. No one will notice the rough edges! :nod:

See you there!

I'm glad you decided to bring it. It may look a little rough, but just keep the engine bay open to show off those dual Webers. No one will notice the rough edges! :nod:

See you there!

Yep...Dual Webbers are eye candy to most X'ers

Back