Abarth SP1000 tribute build

mblommel

True Classic
I spend a lot of time on the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine forum. Frequently there is interest and appreciation for old Fiats over there. I thought the folks here may have some interest and appreciation for this Abarth SP1000 build thread.

The cliff notes version is a gentlemen over there has purchased the complete set of body molds for the Abarth SP1000 sports racer prototype with the intention of offering new bodies and frames for sale. The idea now is that the frame will use modern day running gear. However, nobody says it can't be Fiat powered. I thought I would share this as he is taking names to be on a list for bodies/frames next year. Submitting your name does not commit you to buy anything just reserves a spot on line. His email is bigbellybanks*gmail.com and his name is John. I have no affiliation with him other than enthusiasm for the project and a desire to build one myself.

fiatabarathside1000greatpic_zpsb6ca17ed.jpg

fiatabarathsp1000interior_zps09a7eb2e.jpg

fiatabarathfromhighspecialpic_zps077de280.jpg

fiatabarath154from34rear_zps6294d269.jpg

Last edited:
really beautiful car. i've seen these body parts on an italian site, i think its the same guy who has one on youtube.

i hope the bike engine guys will at least use an italian bike engine

Back