New wheels

Gruffalo

True Classic
I just finished refurbishing a set of cd31 cromodora wheels, and fitted some new tires.

After some consideration I got a set of nexen n'blue hd plus in 185/60/13. Tests show that they're on par with premium brands in the dry, and that's the only driving I plan to do.

The tires look really nice, and they are a lot more rounded off and the thread section is narrower than the falkens I had earlier.

The wheels are super light, and the wheel combo totally transformed the car!

It is so nimble yet grippy, and the steering feel is so fantastic that I'm lost for words!!!

Who needs power steering, this is just perfect! Reminds me of an early 911, at 20x the money of our little jewels ☺️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you post some pics please? I would love to see them on the X.
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Sure, will do. However you will have to be patient a few days since I'm not with the car right now.

0844dc67195815944448561159edd357.jpg
925855fa5529f8f0b923da4d007d7cc2.jpg

Check out how narrow they are
1750f9b3ea82abc883fb457c331670f2.jpg
d74c3e776aefddc6e9a9caa85f8c478c.jpg
7160849afc8349076a9c0994d7d08204.jpg

Grip is great from what I can tell. You can't exactly power slide the X1/9 like I do with the 928, so in order to feel the limit of the grip you have to corner ridiculously fast, which I think is harder to control in a safe manner.

I have no clue about pressure, I plan to play around with it a little.

But I'm shocked about how narrow they are.

I just finished refurbishing a set of cd31 cromodora wheels, and fitted some new tires.

After some consideration I got a set of nexen n'blue hd plus in 185/60/13. Tests show that they're on par with premium brands in the dry, and that's the only driving I plan to do.

The tires look really nice, and they are a lot more rounded off and the thread section is narrower than the falkens I had earlier.

The wheels are super light, and the wheel combo totally transformed the car!

It is so nimble yet grippy, and the steering feel is so fantastic that I'm lost for words!!!

Who needs power steering, this is just perfect! Reminds me of an early 911, at 20x the money of our little jewels ☺️

I have these wheels! Also gold ;) I couldn't believe how much more responsive and lively the car was. Acceleration also improved in lower gears a noticeable amount. The only problem I have is one of them is warped and no restoration places will touch them.

Running Nankang NS2Rs 185-60-13 28 psi rear 26 psi front.

Back