Great service from Midwest-Bayless

beezee

True Classic
I purchased a piston ring set from Midwest-Bayless and had a problem with the top rings being out of spec. I sent them an email describing the problem, the fact that my vacation starts next week, and that I really, really, wanted to use my vacation to get my engine back together. Matt from MB replied quickly to me email, called me to resolve the problem, and then expedited shipping a replacement set of rings.

A lot of people will gripe online about bad service, so I figured it's only fair to post when you get great service.

Thanks Matt and Midwest-Bayless!

Matt MWB

I agree totally with you. Matt and his team are awesome. He is always my first call when I need something.

I have also found them to be timely, prompt & efficient in resolving any order issues and/or questions. I would say having them as a resource makes owning an X1/9 quite practical. Aside from the basic replacement and used 'hard' parts they have helped me out with access to custom items for my ongoing mods on several occasions.

:cool::thumbsup:

I had a couple of different issues with items I purchased from them that were not their fault. In each case Matt and his team went out of their way to make things right. If Fiat had vendors like Midwest Bayless way back when they would have never gotten such a bad reputation for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWB

total a+++++ in my book!!!
I even asked matt to purchase parts from another vendor and knowing it would cost more, I told him I didn't care. but he declined. he treats people like I did in my years in dealerships.
mikemo

I'll Jump On The Bandwagon

Having a vendor like MWB has really been a great asset in keeping my 29 year-old car going. :thumbsup:
Thanks to all at MWB.

MWB has been there for me on my project. My X needed a lot of work and I was able to figure everything out with the help of everyone here on XWeb and order what was needed through MWB.
Now that said, my wife hates MWB because every time I order something they ship it no questions asked... :)
Thanks again everybody and Matt at MWB,
Mike

Nebraska Mike

I have also ordered a few parts from Bayless And been very happy with the ordering/packaging/etc. etc. and every time everything was great!

I will chime in

MWB has always provided the best quality parts avail with quick shipping. I have had to replace my master cylinder for my clutch and my ignition switch. Plus maintenance items cap, rotor, plugs wires and filters. Always great service from the MWB team!

Very Respectfully,

Brian Benson

total a+++++ in my book!!!

I even asked matt to purchase parts from another vendor and knowing it would cost more, I told him I didn't care. but he declined. he treats people like I did in my years in dealerships.

mikemo

mikemo,
I am confused... Why not purchase the parts yourself and then turn around and offer them for sale on eBay-Motors??? If the parts are better you would find yourself in competition with whom you called a bad word which would drive prices down for the rest of us.
Just a thought...
V/r, Mike

Nebraska Mike

Matt and his team...

Are truly awesome. So much more than a supplier. They help to keep the fabric of the X community together. I suspect our other "suppliers" are the same. Let's keep on supporting them.

Cheers.
Mike

Nebraska Mike and et al... I wrote Mikemo and...

believe it or not, he said he was trying to make a somewhat "off-handed" compliment.

I responded that it might just be ME, but it sure doesn't appear to "read" that way...

Alas, I see you saw that as well.

Well... hopefully he'll chime in and alleviate the issue. I sure hate to see folks misunderstand each other especially using this medium of communication.

Matt and his team are da bomb. We have several good vendors who participate here and I've probably used them all at some point. Since this is a MWB post I'll just chime-in to confirm that these guys excel at customer support and I'm grateful that they are here to stock a lot of the parts we need, provide guidance on repairs/upgrades, etc!

Totally Agree - MWB - Rules

Matt and team are great , an amazing resource for our aging Italian beauties.
Quick response and always available to answer questions .
Matt spent close to an hour on the phone with me when I purchased my X almost 3 years ago -
had the pleasure of meeting Matt and his Wife and son at FFO in Pittsburgh last year
a real gentleman

matt

rereading what I wrote, it kinda sounds like I am dissing MWB. to the contrary, it is a massive complement. he has treated me so well in the past, I felt if I used another vendor I would be "cheating" on him. I know he has a business to run and that is paramount. have dealt with some vendor in the past that wasn't pleasant and like to stick with the ones I truly trust. and that is matt.
sorry if it came out pissy.
love ya MWB!!!
mikemo

Back