Suspension

I installed them a month or so ago but haven't had a chance to drive around yet. The camber adjustment is nice. You can get more than the 1 inch if you desire.

Expecting a nice smooth ride after a drop isn't particularly likely.

Lowering the car may get you a bit better handling, better ride unlikely

I have the IAP "Euro Springs"

What is considered "lowered" here is just "as designed" in Europe. So lowering the car to it's designed ride height should result in better handling and ride. If I understand what had to happen to sell our cars in this lovely land of regulations Fiat had to install a lift kit so we could blithely ram our little cars into domestic cars with the utmost safety! Lowerimg beyond that designed ht would degrade the ride but restoring designed geometry is a win-win. People who ride in my car always remark how surprised they are with the ride quality... most small cars are just torture for anything other than piddling around town hence the term "city car" Would not hesitate to hop in and drive my X 1000+ miles. When my current newish KYB struts are worn I will probably go with a coil over set up as well.
Regards,

This is true for mayd of the import cars at the time.
But not for the X. The X had the same suspension height in Eu and US.n
Actually, late euro-only 1500 carb 1500s had a taller strut in the rear than the FI cars

Had not heard that...

I stand corrected but still stand by my assessment of ride when switching to the lower ride height. Better vs worse is a personal judgement, you could debate results delivered by this accelerometer or that driving circuit but in the end each person, in spite of evidence, makes their own call. It is a shame you guys had to suffer from our federal regs... first car I installed the euro springs on was 1986 FI and I just shifted them over to my 1979 carb 1500. Both look much better and I think ride much better.
Regards

Many thanks....

for all the comments. It answered my questions. I would like to lower the car about 1" and I'm sure new shocks and springs will give a better ride than the originals still on the car. Now to look in the couch for $$:) Hopefully, a fall project.

Correct Ride Height?

What is the correct ride height? I recently installed adjustable Koni`s and haven`t adjusted the alignment yet. I have it down low where it requires 2 jacks to lift it (one on the side to allow room to get the other underneath). Speed bumps may take the air dam out.

Don't let the tire rub

With the 205's up front my first setting was so low that the tires rubbed. I would suggest a bit up from that :grin:

Back