Posting pictures?

carl

True Classic
I know this has probably been asked a million times so if anyone can point me to a previous discussion on posting pics (I'm computer challenged), I would appreciate it. I keep asking questions about my 128 and figure you guys deserve to see pics of it (so you can laugh).

carl

You have to use an online photo hosting service. I use photo bucket. Put the pictures up there and provide the link to them here. There's a tutorial somewhere I think. Imageshack.us is another one.

I also use the share public link function on Dropbox, it's free and has no riske pictures as an advertisement.

Postimage works well for pics too

Hi carl,

I use Photobucket for the most part, but the built in Postimage service works well if you just want to post a picture quickly without creating an account somewhere. There is a button in the Xweb thread editor for using Postimage and the nice thing is when you upload the image it creates the proper HTML/PHP code and puts it in your post for you.

Here are some quick screen caps I just made up. See if you can figure it out. It may take some trial and error.
Postimage_1.jpg

That "Family Safe" button is important. If you leave it on "Adult content" we get some racey ads.

Postimage_2.jpg

After you click "upload it" you will see a pop up that shows the upload progress. When that hits 100% the code to post the picture will appear in your post wherever you were last typing. Just put your text above or below the code and then use "preview" to see what you ended up with. If it looks good, hit submit. ;)

Thanks Rob

This post should be turned into a sticky.

Cheers,

Rob

We have a sticky somewhere, but it seems the various picture sites change their methodologies slightly every year. Some improvements are nice, others seem to be change for change sake.

Back