The Fiat XXX ??????

Jim McKenzie

1972 850 Spider
It appears that someone has gone through an exercise of creating a new Fiat X1/9 but I can't translate. Comments?

http://www.autoblog.it/post/755710/..._content=fp03&utm_campaign=Facebook:+Autoblog

goldX_zpsdpulqirs.jpg

Last edited:
It's a pretty nice effort, not an X but a nice design all the same.

If it was made I could see owning one, hopefully in a color that suppresses all of the varied colors.

Open with Google Chrome

If you use the Chrome browser, you will have the option of automatically translating the page.

Looks like a nice concept, but I don't see the design's connections to the Fiat X1/9 as strongly as the author.

Paul

I like it!! Dang, build that and I WILL buy one, or two! One green, and one orange, heck I'll even take one in yellow!

Sweet!

I wonder what Marcello Gandini would do today for an X1/9 re-launch.

Last edited:
My English is a little rusty, but here goes...

Idecore Maltese designs and reveals their latest and interesting work,

Fiat XXX, concept car that pays homage to the legendary X1/9 but is designed using the most modern solutions for frames and mechanical group FCA ... Compact and lightweight, with a body for two and a rear engine, the Fiat XXX wants to be a respectful tribute to the creations of Bertone and Gandini that dictated the automotive design for over twenty years with cars like the Lamborghini Miura and Countach, Lancia Stratos, Fiat X1/9 and many other unforgettable concept cars. Taut lines and create an innovative unprecedented division in layers of the car body where the various elements appear as if suspended from a central mass. Lower and penetrating, the front of the car is made up of sharp lines. The headlamps emerge from the bonnet characterized by a central element black, developing backwards, from origin to the cell of the passenger compartment.

The back and the generous track width, appears low and wide. A precise horizontal origin from the inevitable short tail on which all the elements of style and visibility are being set like precious gems.

The XXX is close to the concept of car-type "Targa". The laminated glass sunroof provides travel [in open air while] also maintaining torsional rigidity and a bright interior even with the roof closed .

Even within the design language translates as a synthesis of styles created by Bertone and Gandini presenting itself with an instrument panel that extends horizontally and a center console that rises almost in the vertical up to the bridge where accommodation is a large display of command [from] the latest generation .

XXX wants to be a car to live [with] every day rather than [just] circuits, so here hides wood and aluminum that combine the carbon passenger cell.

(? I think they mean to say it combines Aluminum and Carbon Fiber and the word "wood" was derived from "fiber")

Bottom line for ME... a great looking little car and I would be tempted... Hopefully when they said "rear engine" they meant to say "mid engine" as it does appears to be. I guess the only other thing bothers me a bit is the "sunroof", top rather than a full Targa as I don't like to be so closed in... in such a small car. All and all... I think its a great transition, transformation, and upgrade that still retains the heritage of our beloved little cars.

I like it!!!!

I think it is pretty nice looking and does keep alot of the original "feel" of the X.

PW

I like it. It's a long way from a pretty computer design to functioning car though. I'd want it to retain the full targa that is self storing, rear trunk (separate from engine bay, this looks like it's a one piece).

I like it as long as there is a manual gear shift involved! Hello Alfa are you reading this?

I can't help but think a Stratos and an X meet up on some twisty back road and wala a new and refreshing modern sports car was born.

And bonus points - the lime colored one is almost a match for the color I'm going to be laying down on my X.

I like it as long as there is a manual gear shift involved! Hello Alfa are you reading this?

I'm so glad to find that I'm not the only one out there. I keep coming up cold to the 4C because of that stupid box. This thing with a proper clutch pedal and a shifter sticking out of the console.... YES PLEASE!

You have to wonder - if the Giulia has the same engine, why we can't at least have the OPTION of the same 'box.

REALLY like it. But disappointed that it has a sunroof-ish top vs a targa. Still very nice. Hope they proceed with it AND offer a manual.

True, but the Guilia is RWD (and most likely AWD as well). The Guilia uses a deadly V6 twin turbo for the high performance model.

This "new" X1/9 could use the Abarth turbo motor for a high performance X1/9 (the one we'd buy!!) and sure, a manual box would be nice! Although a dual clutch multi speed box is technically better for fuel, it's just not as fun in my opinion.

A 5 or 6spd is just fine with a gear shifter! I'd line up to buy one :)

So, is this some sort of official design exercise or just someone playing around? Because, well, I like it a lot.:thumbsup:

Why Not The X-1/9?

Fiat is introducing the 124, why not an X?

Two things...
Not a fan of the extensive use of black trim, but not a deal breaker, however, lack of a third pedal is...

A six-speed with the Abarth turbo...28K...where's my checkbook! :nod:

First concept that I have seen in a long time

that rekindles some of the edgy excitement that the X 1/9 did. Joe F nailed it. The design is cluttered by the black panels. But otherwise about two orders of magnitude more exciting than the 2017 124. And unlike the 124, there is nothing out there like it.

Back