Bertone glimpse in American Pickers episode

JimD

Waiting for Godot...
At the end of the Nov 11th American Pickers episode, Mike and Frank are selling a Loyd micro van to the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. BrettM sold a pristine 87 Bertone to the museum in 2005, so I started looking in the background for the X. Fortunately they parked the Loyd pretty close to the X and you can catch glimpses of it while they are dickering.

Too bad there wasn't a better view, but I was excited to spot it anyway! :geek:

We stumbled across the Lane Museum back when my daughter was college shopping, circa 2010. Loved it, perfect museum for those who love interesting quirky, obscure, small and fun (although they also have the largest road going machine I've ever seen).
I didn't see this Suburu on display at that time, that's pretty cool. Obviously inspired by the Runabout.

Great place to hang out for the day...

Jeff Lane is a great guy too. Once I was there in the basement where this photo was taken and we raced a crazy go-kart around the aisle, inches from the cars. It was insane.

One of my favorite places on earth to hang out.

I'd love to "work" at a place like that. We have the Gilmore near me. I threatened to "work" there in the summers but I think most of those guys are volunteer. I'd need to at least make enough money to pay my commute! Maybe I could choose a car to drive back and forth everyday, then I'd definitely work for "free', although it's mostly big American Iron, which are fine but not really my forte.

Brett Melacon has been a close friend of the Lane...

Museum for some time now.

I found this 6 year old Journal his son Blake kept and I believe also submitted as a school project. I was privileged and honored to be a part of it.

If you haven't seen this, please read through all of it. I wish I had had the opportunity to do this with my kids and maybe I still can with one or a few of my grandkids. One does not have to take weeks or 2500 mile journeys, maybe just a car show or a day in the mountains or beach. In any case, I hope it inspires others.

http://www.66inafiat.com/Blakes_Journal.html

Wow...

That is a blast from the past. We are planning another trip next year with both of my sons. I am really looking forward to it.

Pack some extra slave cylinder springs

That is a blast from the past. We are planning another trip next year with both of my sons. I am really looking forward to it.

Please pack some extra slave cylinder springs for this trip. :devil:

Back