Attention... Group-Buy needed!

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
We all need to contribute about a $1.50 each and purchase this Distributor Tester. Then we can easily convert our dizzys to Centrifugal Advance only and modify the timing at the RPM's desired.
It also can verify the Vacuum Advance works too.

Truly a valuable tool for hot-rodding or even insuring a stocker is working properly.

http://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/8595.html?refer=blog

I figure if we have about 400 active members it would be a cinch to purchase... Its in Louisiana and we have a few members close by to snatch it... We could then centrally locate it and send our dizzys in to be calibrated or modified.

Since Kansas City it THE GEOGRAPHICAL CENTER of these United States... My vote goes to Mr. Jiminy Decker as he is in St. Louis and retired (sort of)... and has the SPACE to store it!

And... since Jiminy needs work to supplement his SSDI or SS payments... at $10 bucks a piece for him to do the work would be a WIN-WIN for all.

Am I always thinking or what?

Great machine for people that have the time. I had a distributor rebuilt and fully adjusted back around 2000. It cost me a couple hundred bucks plus parts. Had the vacuum advance set for some extra advance I can't recall exactly any more. That wasn't a big deal, but having the lobes/vanes/trigger things/reluctor adjusted so the timing was perfect for each cylinder took a while. Some people don't worry about individual cylinder timing as it tends to only be off a few degrees but when you do some research into it you find that can result in several percent difference in HP.

Indeed Andy... Before we had all the electronics...

I would install single or dual point setups, mount the dizzy and insure all features were functioning including accurately adjusting point gaps and dwell.

I still have the old dual point dizzy in my Olds powered T-Bucket where I was shown how to mechanically bring in full advance faster as well as increasing the overall advance by trimming weight-stops and stretching springs. I don't recall at what RPM now though but can tell you it works perfectly with an old Esky 3/4-Full Race Hydraulic cam. I remember seeing KITS come out to do the same thing but one would still need a tester like this to insure things are where you want them, otherwise yur just guessin'.

The old Olds rev's like a precision 4 cylinder instead of the old cast iron slug that it is! HA!

Thanks, but I have enough dust in my shop aleady

Gee thanks Tony, just what I need.... more dusty crap in my garage. :) Besides, Elderair is just outside KC, so that makes him closer to the center of the country. Which obviously makes this wonderful machine his problem. :devil:

Back