jack points

Anyone know where to put jack stands on the front end of a 80 X?

There was a thread on this earlier this month here. I don't know that there is a definitive answer, but after seeing Dan's photos from the factory, I feel quite comfortable with the jack stand placement I suggested (and have used for some time). I use a 1/2" piece of wood between the car and the jack stands for the front. In the back I don't bother.

Here on all four...

JackStand1_zps511d3e9f.jpg

or here at all four points at the corners of the rockers...

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

There are also the two side jacking points on the sides and the two front and rear in the middle of the car...

IMG_0234.jpg

Just to the right of the top of the jackstand and between the coolant pipes is a "w" looking bracket that is the front jack point.

The rear center jack point it located in the middle of the lower transaxle support and is kinda triangular in shape. I'll look for a foto but I believe I answered your question with fotos I plagiarized from the other good folks here...

You are welcome... and here is the best foto...

I could find of the rear-center jack point... Click on the foto to expand.

The rear of the car is to the right and Item #4 is the crossbar support for the trans mount. Between Items #1 and #2 is a bent steel parallelogram, U-shaped bracket hanging down that is welded to the crossbar. This is where one would place their floor jack to lift the rear. Be advised that sometimes the exhaust system hides this from view looking under the car.

In general, I lift the rear FIRST and place two jack stands under the rear wheels, and then lift the front and do the same.

(Rear first in case the E-Brake is on so it doesn't PINCH the car trying to rotate on the rear tires. A rare problem, but can be devastating to people and materials... I've only seen a problem twice in 55 years...)

HTH...

Back