How many are left

wallyo

Daily Driver
I'm curious to know if anyone has an idea how many X1/9's are still in existence (on the road or close)? When I bought my first one in 1983 they were uncommon around here (Ottawa Canada) - so much so that those of us who owned one would wave to the others like motorcycle people. Now the only one I ever see is mine (not counting the pictures on this forum).
:sad:

I was in Ottawa twice this year with my X1/9!! I guess you didn't see me :)

Dunno how many are left, but the numbers are probably low. Especially in Canada.

How Many?

There are at least three of us, on this website, from British Columbia; Deane, Mel & Crusader, all with X1/9's. Two of us are in Metro Vancouver. I have personally seen other X1/9's at all Italian car meets. I have seen ads for others that are for sale in CL. I would tentatively guess that there are at least 6 and quite possibly more in the Metro Vancouver area. Maybe more around than we would assume, but it sure turns a lot of heads when I have it out!
Mel.

Guess...

Hi,

In the early 90's,when I ran a Fiat club in Québec, I could identify (year, color, location) close to 100 X1/9 in Québec. At that time my guess was it represented 1/3 of the Canadian's X1/9. I know it's more than the population representation, but Québec have a stronger portion of "latin" origin population, including Italian and French. That translate into around 300 X1/9 still running in Canada.

25 years later, looking at my list, I would say 2/3 of these cars are now dead. Leading to a number of 100 cars still running (or close) in Canada. This may be a little pessimistic, but not by much. 150 maybe closer to reality if I'm looking at the for sale ads around the country and the number of Canadian owners in the forum.

Does that seems right to you?

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada
1980 black X 1/9
1987 white X1/9

p.s.: If you want a US number, then multiply that numer by 10 or 15. (there are 10 times more population in the states and survival rates of the cars tend to be higher since the warmer climate).

Back