Anyone down under doing World Time Attack racing?

WTAC is absurdly serious. The event is dominated by hand built Million Dollar 1000bhp cars. Even the fastest X1/9 in the country would place dead last. By a lot!

Having raced at Eastern Creek (now called Sydney Motorsport Park) many times I simply cant fathom the laptimes they are putting down. Think faster than V8 Supercars, Superkarts and F5000 - and not far off F3000 and Niko Hulkenburg's outright lap record in a A1GP car. About 25 seconds a lap (in a minute and a half lap!) quicker than my best ever laptime in my poor X - and that was considered more than respectable! Crazy stuff!

I know some Fiat boys that went out for a look - and the only Fiat to be seen was one of the Bathurst raced Abarth 500's. On display in the pits. LOL.

$$$$$$

WTAC is ab$urdly $eriou$. The event is dominated by hand built Million Dollar 1000bhp cars. Even the fastest X1/9 in the country would place dead last. By a lot!

Having raced at Eastern Creek (now called Sydney Motorsport Park) many times I simply cant fathom the laptimes they are putting down. Think faster than V8 Supercars, Superkarts and F5000 - and not far off F3000 and Niko Hulkenburg's outright lap record in a A1GP car. About 25 seconds a lap (in a minute and a half lap!) quicker than my best ever laptime in my poor X - and that was considered more than respectable! Crazy stuff!
Fixed that for you

WTAC is ab$urdly $eriou$

Now you realise how 'ordinary' SuperCabs are as a formula. The move to widen the field of manafacturers has helped but that Betty had to downsize her engine capacity and potential at Erebus Racing is a function of how the 'parity' rules are holding the formula back. I can sort of empathise with this, if the 'best' of what Volvo and Mercedes was allowed to be brought to bear then both the Aussie manafactures ( they aren't they are American ) would wallow at the bottom of the results. Not good for sellng Aussie cars and counter productive to the race on Sunday Sell on Monday facet of the business plan. On the Goldie this afternoon for the top 10 and tomorrow for the Supercars Gold Coast 600 round in Queelsland, they still put on a good show. C'mom Scott Maclaghlan!!!!

Sorry for the 'local content' here's a link for you guys
https://www.v8supercars.com.au/

Back on topic

I went to Eastern Creek ?last year? to see the Mazda 767B quad rotor Le Mans car when the organisers were on a 'awareness campaign'. Or was it a three rotor I can't remember. Well to hear it actually, that rotary engineed monster is really impressive, it was awesome. I understand that the runs it did were not in 'race tune' and for dynamic display. makes you wonder what it was capable of in its hey day.

Lots of Nissan FTRs and Mitzi EVOs some half baked and some with huge development $$$$ were circulating at the WATC event. Which is in of itself not surprising really looking at the sponsors and merchandising at the event. Mostly ricer stuff.

Matt,

The aeronautical effort alone is at a 'Corporate' level if you want any chance of success. Unless you have deep pockets I can't see how ANY Fiat is going to have a hope in Haydees. Unless of course you had a Group B Rally car that you wanted to re-pourpose for the tarmac. Lancia 039? there was a handbuilt homage to a Peugeot Widebody 206 that was doing some dynamic dispays of runs between the cones on the start/finish straight, an impressive custom cage build for a small group of 'backyarders'. Perhaps a Scorpion with a V6 twin Turbo and a MA$$IVE amount of aero development might get close to the Nissan GTRs, a SOHC X 1/9 I can't see how. Even if I took the Blue Turbo X for a run south of the border I doubt the extra top end and cooling on E85 fuel would better Frankens time by anything signifficant.

Anything you need to know specifically?

BTW Package arrived :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

watch this space a fiat x19 will enter world time attack and be competitive 2.6 litre honda k24 , sleeved block supercharged 3.8 final drive flat bottom areo package 500 bhp + 800 kg

Back