Greetings from Vancouver Canada

Crusader

True Classic
1EarTP.jpg
Hello everyone, my name is Damien and I reside in Vancouver Canada. So glad I found this group. A little about me, my first car (1979) was a '74 FIAT X19 and I loved the car. Now 34 yrs later I have aquired a 1982 X19 with an Uno 1.3 Turbo MK1. I am in the middle of having it restored. I am doing body and paint, with a colour change to yellow, mechanical, restore rims, new rubber (185/60r/13) and interior. It will roughly be a 5 week project and a lifetime of tinkering. Lol. Here are few pics thus far.
Cheers,

Pics at this link;

http://postimg.org/gallery/1vp8a4yuo/

Last edited:
welcome!

And congrats on your recent purchase! I'm close to you here in Bellingham. I'd love to see your X when it's done!

Thanks. I often go to Bellingham for parts. Maybe we could arrange a meet. Right now she is having the engine rebuilt, top and bottom. Should be like new. Another couple of weeks until completion. Just trying to figure out how to post pics, lol. :)

Awesome and welcome!! I'd be VERY interested in seeing the pics of your turbo setup.

I had my IHI turbo rebuilt near Toronto at a place called Cherry Turbos, quite a few years back. It needed it. I'm doing the motor next spring, and swap next winter.

To post photos, well.. I use photobucket. It's free to set up an account, and you can easily post photos here. You select the image you want to post, then look at the right of the screen where it says "Share this Photo" - and select the one that says "IMG". Just hover over it and click, it automatically copies the link. Paste that link into a message here and Boom, you're linked up with your photo in the message. You can click Preview Post below and you should see your image pop up.

I need extra motivation to finally finish my turbo project.. your pics will certainly help :)

I'm also curious as to how loud the car is without a muffler. I plan to use a cat, and maybe a small muffler as well.

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats! Great car.

Since you're having it rebuilt, are you considering adding an oil cooler?

I have no experience with this setup, but from what I read, anything you can do to keep the heat down is worthwhile.

Hey Damien... where ya been all these years?

HA!

Welcome aboard the addiction... I see you are just another example of how once "bitten" by an X1/9 you are scarred for life! Kinda like the Vampire thing...

So look... posting fotos SHOULD be relatively easy using the Postimage loader below. It looks something like this just below this message box.

Add images using free Postimage.org Uploader
After upload, the proper link will be inserted into your post

• Click to add image to post

(ANOTHER uploader above this one is "ImageShack" and for me, I find it more difficult to use. Others say differently.)

Here is an example of a Postimage upload:

What I did was to click on the "blue" Click to add image to post line and it brings up a BROWSE box. Click on BROWSE and select a photo from one of your files or desktop. Mark as FAMILY and click upload.

The file will now appear as a link on this message box and I suggest you click on "Preview Post" next and it will then show the photo(s). You can then alter your words around it to your liking and see how it will post.

Lastly, if none of what I have said appears on YOUR screen, your BROWSER is probably the problem. For me, it was Internet Explorer that gave me trouble, I now use Firefox Mazilla. Others may chime in more.

Oh... and if you click on the photo I attached it will enlarge for more clarity. (Sorry about all the old ugly guys... they're on the other coast...)

Last edited:
Good morning Myron... I would be more than happy to post pics for you as soon as I figure out how it's done... My IHI turbo was rebuilt last year and we have the engine stripped down to the block for a full rebuild as we speak... The car was stored 10 years inside with climate control before I bought it. The last owner actually did the swap 12 years ago... The only thing left to do is chasing down a low voltage headlight issue that is preventing my HID's from firing on the passenger side... Just part of the fun... Lol... :wall:... Cheers,

Good morning Code... I will be looking into an oil cooler, hadn't considered it yet... Thanks,:)

Hey Tony, thanks for the info... The car bug definitely bit hard since I was 16 and that exxie was to blame...lol... Over the years I turned to the American cars for my projects, 1970 GTO Judge, Chevrolet Z24 and most recently an award winning 2002 Monte Carlo SS with all the goodies (old school goodies that is, lol...)... But I never forgot the pure fun of driving a well built and balanced mid engine machine... I am now going to go and try to set up an account... Cheers,

Well, I give up trying to post a pic on here for today... I am convinced that an electrical anomoly on our X's is easier to figure out... lol...:wall::wall::wall:

G' Day

Welcome, it's magnificent to see another TurboX

If your guy is replacing valves in the head make sure the sodium filled items are retained.

+1 on the heat ex-changers

Oil and Inlet Air

Sandgroper

Good afternoon Sandgroper. Valves are good and have been reground. Good to go. Thanks for the info. May the force be with a fellow turbo Jedi. :jedi:

Hello all... Still trying to upload pics... I wonder if you can further help me... The message from Postimage is this;

Add to your site

Copy and paste the code below into your page between the <head> and </head> tags.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mod.postimage.org/website-english.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- Upload your images -

About | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | FAQ | Languages | Contact Us

Copyright © Postimage.org

What does this mean? Where do I insert this? Thanks,:wall:

Try photobucket. I've been using it for years and I think it's ok.

I really want to see more of your car, so email me the pics and I'll host them for you!! :).

Sorry for your trouble Damien...

I wish I could be of further help but I have never encountered such a response from PostImage.

Again... what browser are you using? Have you tried another?

Okay

Some folks have expressed displeasure with imageshack

Here's a few pointers at postimage.org

First prepare your images and name them so they are easy to find/tag when in postimage.org Make a upload folder if you struggle with navigating the folder structure on you PC.

postimage_01.jpg
postimage_01.jpg

postimage_02.jpg

postimage_03.jpg

postimage_04.jpg

Best of luck with that, we would love to see your TurboX

Regards
Sandgroper

Thanks e everyone for the help. Alas, it is still a fail on posting pics. I have tried both posting methods from my iPhone 6, 5s, iPad, Samsung android tablet and my windows 10 PC. I just don't understand. Not sure if it is allowed, but I do have quite a few pics posted over at the X19 Facebook group. Sorry if I should not be mentioning another site. :sad:

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/7936/1EarTP.jpg

Back