What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Eastep

True Classic

Its pretty simple all you do is simply tell us what you've done to your X1/9 during the current day or in the late evening prior. It can be anything from a fun drive, wash/wax, to engine rebuilding etc.. Pics and video are always welcome for incrimination.. :eek:mg:.. I mean entertainment purposes.

Last edited:
Today

I bought a used Camaro Flowmaster, don't know if I'll put it on or not. I put a blank plate on the motor to cover the fuel pump hole, cleaned and painted some cover plates, and called it quits for the night. Time for pizza! Oh, yeah! My round LED taillights arrived today!!!

My X is out of state for some serious massaging...

but I got a new WB O2 sensor for my Scorpion and put it in. Buttoned the exhaust system back up and then drove the hell out of. I'm about to take it back out, it's been down for a week.

Pete

Drove green car to the office

About ten miles each way, good span of twisty country roads in there, did the grocery shopping on the way home.

Doesn't count because it was yesterday, but met up with a 2CV at a stoplight.

Got weatherstripping today, eyeballed it, looks like it should work, scratched head about corner bumper things, Ricardo's look like good replacements but I'm spending too much money lately, will probably try to splice in the old ones for now. Ordered MTL Redline for the gearbox. Think I found the source of a "buzzing". Targa vent on driver's side is a bit loose, will try to remove and replace to tighten up, add a shim or something, bit of rubber, don't know yet. Another 50 mile commute, as every weekday. I actually prefer my X on the highway to my other vehicles. I had a random thought last winter that an X would make a good fun interesting commuter, here I am. Weird.:headbang:

Well...Pulled in to the drive after work opened the garage door.

Started the X to let it warm up and went in to change pants, shirt and shoes. Gave the wife a kiss. Told the son I was going for a drive. He was up and at the front door before I was. We went for a 45 min ride till it got dark. Not many more days like this left for the season....

I spent time buffing.......

the one foot scratch my grand-daughter put in the rf fender :sad: Too deep of a scratch. No primer showing but if you can feel it with your nail it's too deep. It had me pounding the walls, Literally.

It has to go back to the paint shop to fix an imperfection at the right front pop up light anyways and it is an easy fix. I still don't like it.

The exxe might surprise you in the snow (in a good way)..

Bernice

I actually prefer my X on the highway to my other vehicles. I had a random thought last winter that an X would make a good fun interesting commuter, here I am. Weird.:headbang:

Cursed the cable window lift

Changed the electric motor on the window lift and the cable jumped the pulley and got stuck VERY tight in the pully axle. I hate these cables. Will try to finish tomorrow, or just install the '88 Bosch units I have.
Bob

Errr. which will work no better :wall:

Been there, done that. Better to make sure the window glass to guide rails are in proper alignment and the anti-friction guides are not wore out and tired. Both will cause excessive friction and cause the electric windows to C-R-A-W.. up.

Bernice

Changed the electric motor on the window lift and the cable jumped the pulley and got stuck VERY tight in the pully axle. I hate these cables. Will try to finish tomorrow, or just install the '88 Bosch units I have.
Bob

10-30-10

Well its technically a new day, so I'll post what I have/am doing since my first post earlier. I decided that the too long plug leads finally had to be trimmed to size, so I removed the leads one at a time and then painstakingly cut and reconnected the metal leads to the wires. Now the shortest lead is only about 4 inches long and the longest is about a foot. while I was at it, I replaced the plugs with 2 prong Bosch plugs. At the moment I'm demmeling out the 'grating' in the side air scoops and what a PITA it is (I don't remember it being this difficult/time consuming), but I think I'm gonna call it a nite. This afternoon I plan to install my new hood badge, and freshen up all the exterior plastic bits, and do something about the steel wheels. Gotta remove a few non needed bits in the engine bay as well.

Drove the X to and from work, as I do every day. It's about a nine mile journey, but in DC traffic takes a half an hour, with most of the time spent sitting at three poorly timed traffic lights.

I also visited the Scorp at the body shop to square up final arrangements for bringing it home on Monday. I brought the finished front (euro) bumper home in the X ...with the top off, of course.

John O.

Back