New 2017 FIAT 124

PicNews151119.jpg

I havn't looked at new cars in the past 10 years because nothing ever appeals to anymore, but i must say that body and interior design has caught my attention.

I havn't looked at new cars in the past 10 years because nothing ever appeals to anymore, but i must say that body and interior design has caught my attention.

Second that. And it grows on you. I showed some friends at work the pics Greg posted with both cars and EVERYONE liked the 124. Some were sort of "meh" on the MX...

I'm a bit conflicted...

When viewed in isolation, I like the car. It's stylistically very appealing and the mechanical specs suggest it will be fun to drive, especially if we see a 200+ HP Abarth version in the near term. But I can't help but be a little disappointed in the proportions of the design. The most attractive of the 124 Spiders from the 70s and early 80s didn't have the long nose of the current version, but instead had the cabin positioned midway along its length and with a smooth sloping rear end. I really like the classic look and was hoping the rebirth would honor more closely the original style. At least they gave us the double bumps on the hood. While I like the new version, I'm not exactly transported back in time. A Miata in different skin may be the recipe for a car with the right performance features, but will it stir my soul? I'm not so sure. But do I want one? Yes.

or perhaps this!

I'm getting wet

Abarth will inject the Fiat 124 Spider with 200 HP and send it out with a hardtop.

Nice

The Abarth versions wrings out the Miata and adds that Italian touch. :italia:

I'm liking this car more and more...

OK people, here ya go. Long post warning.

I saw it in person. Awesome.

So the cars were on a spinning platform stage thing. But I used my irresistible charm on the wonderful girl showing off the cars and she let me get up next to them and take pics of the interior. I EVEN GOT TO SIT IN THE BLUE ONE, so if you have questions, let em rip.

This one is for Papa Tony. She unfortunately doesn't come with the car.

Tried to get as much of the bottom as I could.

For those of you that care,

here are a few pics of the Miata. Pay attention to the interior of the Miata, because the Fiata literally has the same interior down to the dials. It was a bummer to say the least.

This is the Alfa Giulia. Bonus, they had some 60's Alfas as well. I'm pretty sure most of you guys have already seen the 4C so nothing special there.

Also, I forgot to mention this on my previous post, I have a 124 brochure. If you guys want, I could scan and post the brochure.

Other than that, anybody interested in the Ford GT? I have pics of that too.

Last post, I promise. I think......

Someone asked me to look into the Elio, so here you go. It will go into production so if you've reserved your spot, don't let it go! I have a few brochures as well. If you'd like I can scan or even mail you a brochure. You know who you are. Enjoy.

Just saw it last night

Geez, with you hogging the 124 display and taking all those pictures, I'm surprised I didn't run into you....two days later :). The 124 grill does pay homage to two different generations of the 124 Spider. I like it. Looks much better in person. I'd swear I looked at things in the same order (judging by your pictures) as you did, down to the three cylinder three wheeler.

Thanks for Elio report. It's pretty iffy about making it to production. I hope so, it's kinda cool, I like the under dog.

Back