Dreams do come true!

Jepp78bertone

True Classic
Hey fine folks.

I wanted to share my recent trip with you all before It is hopefully published on Petrolicious' reader submission section of their website!

I recently made the 2500km trek in my 78 Verde Chiaro X that I just finished restoring over the summer. Many of you have not only followed my project for the last 4 years, but have been a HUGE part in it. Thank you for all the encouragement and advice. This site offers a plethora of knowledge that I am forever indebted to. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I started at home in Winnipeg, where I packed up my bags and headed west to Beautiful British Columbia were I now reside for the year in Abbotsford.

There were some hiccups along the way, but nothing that stopped the freshly built 1500 with Strada 5speed from humming behind my ears the whole time. Beautiful car, beautiful country! What an experience!

I will post the link if my story ends up being published on Petrolicious as soon as it happens!

Enjoy!!

3 549 10126161113157821

Congratulations!! The X is a great road machine with plenty of storage in the two trunks. My wife and I have made several cross country trips in ours including British Columbia.

Looks great! Love the photos, some absolutely beautiful country you passed through.

Really liking the green and those lovely wheels with no bumpers.

Looking forward to seeing the article.

Nice resurrection of the X, the car looks great! Josh. Glad to hear your trek went relatively well. Looking forward to seeing the story.:thumbsup:

Josh mate!

Fantastic!!!

Great photos, beautiful car.

Was it worth all the effort? :hmm: Hellyeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Rob

Josh,
look like you have a really great trip.
The "X" look in super great shape.:thumbsup:

Your photos is great and for the last one... remember me when I have 25 years less !

Félicitation!

Thanks for sharing your journey and all the photos. Your X looks fantastic and I've enjoyed reading about all the work you've done over the years. I still remember THIS post and wondered at the time how far you would go http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/20197/. You should be very proud of what you accomplished!

Looking fwd to the article as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
don't be afraid

Those big things sticking out of the ground are called "Mountains" and if you cannot see the road ahead it is because there is a curve. Welcome to the west coast.
send me a pm and we can get together with the X's for a coffee. Can show you the local roads that have corners.
Deane, Abbotsford

Yes!

Deane! That would be awesome. I have already enjoyed ripping around the smooth bc roads, Its just to bad it rains so much! My drivers side window is stuck a few inches down so I can't go out in the rain for to long without getting wet. Thats on my list asap.

I have a bunch of stuff that needs to get done before I drive the car to much more. Waiting for the sun to come out.

On the next sunny break lets get in touch and grab a coffee! I'd love to see another x around.

Those big things sticking out of the ground are called "Mountains" and if you cannot see the road ahead it is because there is a curve. Welcome to the west coast.
send me a pm and we can get together with the X's for a coffee. Can show you the local roads that have corners.
Deane, Abbotsford

Looks great and...

looks great and it's nice to see you take it for such a good long drive first thing. Few of us are willing to try such adventures anymore. Good luck with the rest of your trip.

You are a true inspiration for us all.

I was skeptical when you started this project. But you actually did it. And then, just for an additional flourish, you actually did a long trip. What a transformation, too. Congratulations!

Thanks everybody!

I woke up this morning and as per morning routine I checked Xweb, Kijiji, Craigslist, and petrolicious!!! And as I scrolled down the newsfeed on Petrolicious I saw a car that looked just like mine! The color caught my interest so I clicked the link! Only to realize it was MY car and story!!

Here is the link!

http://www.petrolicious.com/there-s-nothing-like-an-epic-post-restoration-road-trip

It's pretty cool to think that I may have the same effect on someone who is in mid-restoration right now, just as I was motivated time and time again when I read and watched the stories on Petrolicious. True vintage car enthusiasm is all in the sharing. Which is something I have experienced time and time again on this forum.

Enjoy!

So nice!

Amazing resurrection on your X. Beautiful result and a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Josh now owns my CD30's, straight trade for his Panasports

Super gratifying, we swapped wheels after he had worked on his Panasports, and I on the CD30's now on his amazing car. Couldn't be happier. Way to go Josh

Back