Mark Plaia

Col Haiku

True Classic
We're receiving some much needed rain here this afternoon and I decided to do what I almost never do: take the X out - roof on - for a drive. As I drove I was reminded how much fun these cars are to drive... even on a rainy day. And I thought of the guy I bought the car from 9 years ago last month: Mark Plaia. He fine-tuned and dialed this car in to an amazing level for a street car and I'm so thankful I was able to buy it from him. And I'm thankful that I had a chance to get to know him a bit... the soft-spoken, car guy who was never too busy to answer an email question or three and share the wealth of knowledge he had. He left his wife Carol and the rest of his friends and family much too soon. Such a good, good man.

Best Regards,

Brad

Last edited:
I had the privlidge of meeting Mark

But unfortunately it was at Mac's memorial, a sad day.
We had a good but brief conversation and I had the opportunity to let him know I was a big fan of his work and
bought just about everything he had to offer at the time for my X1/9.
Great guy. Shown are Mark, Mike, and Lez.

Mark_Mike_Lez.jpg

Amen to all that! I had the honor and pleasure of...

actually calling him my friend. We met and talked several times and I met Carol once over lunch as well.

When he became ill... my brother was living about 40 miles away from him and I sent him over... Only took a minute for them to become fast friends working on cars and doing stuff around his home. One time my brother would NOT accept any form of payment after welding up some stuff for him... so Mark sent ME some Big Foot strut supports instead!

HA!

Great stuff and great folks and Carol and I keep in touch every so often if not just a Christmas card. Bless her... and we have been blessed in knowing Mark.

Live life now!

I meet Mark in the year 2000 and became friends with him. It also helped I lived only 20 minutes or so away from him.

Before he was diagnosed with Cancer, we would have many conversations over his retirement plans. He was so excited on the plan he and Carol had developed (all in Excel - very engineering like!)

There were many good lunches over BBQ and other items with friends such as Dean and Steve (both Xweb members.)

I am still sad to think of what a great friend who is no longer around. It also crushes my heart to think of the opportunity he was never able to take.

Take a page from Mark, I try every day to be as humble and nice of a person as he always seemed to be. Whenever I have an opportunity to do something, I grab onto it as it I will never have it again as life has a tendency to not give you very many second chances.

Back