New post button is missing

Rod Midkiff

True Classic
When I first came to Xweb when I would start reading a topic, their was always a blue button toward the top of the list that said something about read new posts. I found this button VERY useful.

I could click on the new posts button on the top middle of the screen.
Then I would open the first msg. just so I was sure what the topic started as. and then I could click on the button to see the new msg on that topic.

For a few day's now that button has disappeared.

(now I do see where before I click on the thread where I can click on the little check mark (or is it a V) and jump right to the new post in that thread.) (I did like reading over the first msg. first)

? has this been removed or did I mess something up ?

thank you

Rod

I didn't notice it missing Rod... but its still where...

its always been and is working... at least for me.

my bad

found the problem.

xweb%20new%20posts%20button_1.png

This is what I was having

and if I changed "edit options" "Thread Display Options" "linear - oldest first" then I get the button back that I was talking about

I see it now too Rod... if it is an updated thread

Last night I never saw that button in any thread I entered. Of course, at the time there were no "New Posts" to look at. I saw you updated this thread from the "New Posts" results list and popped in to see what you had to say. And viola!, there is the "View First Unread" button you were talking about.

Once I saw it I realized I had seen it before, but apparently it only appears when you go to a thread that contains new content. Either via the "New Posts" button or just jumping to DF, etc and clicking into an updated or new thread. You see the "View First Unread" button when you step into the the updated thread. If you get out and back it to the chosen thread, the button is gone. Tricky.

Obviously I never use that button or I would be more familiar with it. :) Glad you found the answer Rod and that I learned something from your question. :dunce:

Back