Shifting

Hi Russ,

So do you only need to use the clutch to downshift? I was trying to watch and it seemed like you weren't clutching on the upshifts.

I want a ride. :)

Great Video!

I still smile every time I see the Compass on the dash!

Glad to see the car is still kicking ass.

Very impressive!

Awesome video

Couple of comments

Love the shifter

You gotta get a real fire system in there. That extinguisher will take your head off in a shunt.

Do you have a big enough blow-off valve on the system? The warbling sounds as if the vanes are still getting some pressure on snap decal.

F'ing awesome!

-M

Sure that's an Awesome video

But that car and powertrain package is AWESOME, the comments re the flutter are correct the BOV is struggling.

Benneton?? or the TAG Williams FW07 F1 car

IIRC Gerhard Berger was the driver for Benneton when they surfaced in 86' and then came the German legend Michael Schumacher et al before they folded in 01'

The old Alan Jones car doesn't have the race motor IIRC, the body if memory serves me well was in Peter Brigg's York motor museum in Western Australia as a sad skeleton with just an engine casing holding the rear end together for a long while before the new owner aparently rebuilt it. In F1 trim you only have about a third of what Jones had in horsepower.

If you want a true comparision of how good your machine is nip over to Calder Raceway and do your best lap, Jones set the short circuit's still standing (as of 2013) lap record of 36.9 seconds in the FWO7 a little over a month after the end of the 1980 season.

A great little chassis none the less, you have shown that.

Yes I do

That is the Pinicle IMHO for track cars, lots of stuff of his in the archive. Hilclimbs is a different thing and the Italians have that sewn up, but lets not forget Franz Koob.

I have some video of Graversen at home with a few 911's trying in vain to stick to him on a short course. In the twisties he was gone and he has enough 'legs' to stay far enough away when their greater HP became available when it straightened out.

I'm certain that put a few Porsche noses out of joint. I sure make the 'Germanlook' lads watch it and they can't believe it, they go a little quiet.

Back