X front windshield

WYOX19

True Classic
I just replaced the front windshield glass in my F250 diesel and was wondering about when and if I had to replace the Queen's front windshield. Is the windshield hard to come by or easily obtained?

Hard. No glass suppliers will have any, at least none did when I checked a few years ago.

I think Midwest has some, shipping will kill you of course. I may need to buy a whole new car just for the glass as mine is heavily pitted and rapidly de-laminating. I'm thinking about trying to repair the laminating issue (I've read you can dry it out really well to get the moisture out, inject something or other and reseal the edge and it "might" last a while. I have lots of little pits in mine which make driving into the morning sun downright dangerous, add in a few pretty serious chips and I really should replace it, at the cost of just a hunk of glass and getting it to me, I could buy a whole car with decent glass, which is (secretly) my goal!

Safelite

Just checked on Safelite.com, it came up with a quote of $318.95.

I'm thinking that if their online quoting system is quoting it, you would think that somewhere in their database someone thinks they have some in stock.

We tend to keep them in stock. No warranty or replacement if you use Safelite to install it. They break them constantly.

just got one from Midwest Bayless a couple months ago.

Do the replacement yourself. It isn't hard. And if you find rust while it is out you can fix it.

Just checked on Safelite.com, it came up with a quote of $318.95.

I'm thinking that if their online quoting system is quoting it, you would think that somewhere in their database someone thinks they have some in stock.

Safelite does not have it, if you call them and try to get it they will eventually figure out they don't really have that glass. That's how it went for me a while back anyway.

I replaced mine two years ago. Called all the major guys and they couldn't supply it. Called some of the smaller/local suppliers and they found one for me. It was new and from an asian supplier.

So it was difficult but they had it. Price was ~$225 at the time I think. My experience here: http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/21672/

I installed it myself and it looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just replaced the one in my '74. Got the glass locally for $240. It's the Chinese glass which is thinner, but I've used it before without issue. I called several local shops and they all were getting it from the same distributor; Mygrant Glass.

FYI: Fuyao North America Inc Part # FW294

Last edited:
I just replaced the one in my '74. Got the glass locally for $240. It's the Chinese glass which is thinner, but I've used it before without issue. I called several local shops and they all were getting it from the same distributor; Mygrant Glass.

FYI: Fuyao North America Inc Part # FW294

Yup -- that's the same one I used. Wonder how long they'll continue to be available?

If someone is in Socal I often find myself with an extra windshield or two in my Storage...:whistle::whistle:

Back