x1/9 LTD

MauroPalledoro

MauroPalledoro
Does anyone have any pictures / information about the
photo.php
namely IN USA? Especially photos of the interior?

Can you be more explicit? Given the number of years it was available here and how it was marketed, it is hard to answer your question as you have asked it.

Different years had different specials though there were not many different special editions in our market. Most of ours were special paint, stickers and in a couple cases a special interior.

LTD is a USA version about Bertone IN of 1982. It was the model for USA.
I want to see the interior for discover how many cars were built of this version.

To the best of my knowledge there wasn't one by that name, there was a special edition that year that came with a red leather interior and came with Iron Cross wheels.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to offer more information on these cars. Generally they did roughly 1500 cars of each special edition.

This was in one of my X1/9 books that was in French. Google translated it to English: Maybe you can figure it out.

The recovery of the entirety of the production of X1/9 by Bertone in 1982/83 was celebrated by the creation of a limited series LTD comparable to the series IN developed in Europe, with a black roof instead of light gray of the upper part of the bodywork. The adhesive has audessus the lateral gate of the arch resumes drawing the IN AVIC lettering LTD, which is badged grille fiat bertone the league in europe. The rims are those that were optional on the release injection, ie, alloy wheels has four double branches targa oro.

Marketing in the united states was assured by bertone via its own network has 1983 -1988. Canda, following the close of the fiat network, x1 / 9 no longer fiat sold but passionate customers succeeded in importing a few dozen and has to be probated.

The colors: charcoal gray metallic body color, Red leather seats, gray carpet, red interior roof

This was in one of my X1/9 books that was in French. Google translated it to English: Maybe you can figure it out.

The recovery of the entirety of the production of X1/9 by Bertone in 1982/83 was celebrated by the creation of a limited series LTD comparable to the series IN developed in Europe

LTD was already taken by FORD so these LTD stickers never went through.
Same IN model.
stood for INjection in US.
Since Europe (carb models) had the IN model too they played off saying IN stood for IN "style" or "vogue".

These are images I took of a car in my area. I believe it is an example of the model you are looking for.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8LYivJ

This car sold quite quickly and I believe it was sold to someone who is on this forum. I don't know who it is.

Last edited:
special x

they had the "lido" in Europe and the ln series in the u.s.
I do have a set of the ln targa decals if someone want's, needs them
mikemo90:D

I've got one of those

Texas car, mostly rust free (insulation under rear trunk caused some rust - that's been treated and painted, small rust area under leaking window washer fluid res,). AC, power windows, orange leather, and orange carpet (changed to black). Roof is painted a silvery dark metalic. Nice car, too good to be a daily driver. (Sorry to say, but there are no special badges or notations anywhere.)

Thanks a lot. But this car isn't LTD, but is VS version. In Particular this is the first type of the model VS, that of 1983.

The following information is incorrect, left in place to keep the thread intact

We never had a VS version here to the best of my knowledge and beyond that series of cars I am not aware of any special editions. Or more clearly, we never had one with that label.

Do you have a pic of the type of X you are looking for information on?

In 1982 the X was still a Fiat, it wasn't until '83 that International Automobile Imports started selling the X as a Bertone.

There was no end of production version of the Fiat X1/9 for the US.

Clearly I am wrong about this so please look to the posts below

Last edited:
How many true Original survivors could remain??

US & Canada did have the "very limited" VS version in 1982-83..these were Fiat badged cars with a low waist line 2-tone paint silver/gray or white/gray.
"VS" decal on the roll bar.
"VS" patches sewn into the red leather seats..red door panels and steering wheels. Some have mentioned the IN patch too.

Build dates around 4/82?
Limited # edition of 500 on the Nuccio green sig. dash plaque.

later on with the Malcom Bricklin cars dealers could place either the VS or IN decals on the roll bar.
No numbered limited dash plaque but still the same Bertone leather interior package.

could explain how mikemo90 has nos IN decals in the US..:grin:

also I remember a US-VS sold on eBay 4 or so years back.
I'm sure I saved photos so will look.

Last edited:
vs emblems

aaaaah. I remember those too!!
pretty sure that those cars had a bertone signature emblem on the front fender with a build number too.
I have two of the dash emblems and will dig through my decal box to see if I have the "VS" decals.
keep ya posted.
mikemo:dance2:

Back