Server

Saturday night/sunday morning was the first confirmed outage i've been made aware of in about a year or so. It was back up within 10 minutes of me filing a problem report with the hosting company, who have generally been pretty professional to work with. Especially given the very reasonable rates.

Xweb is unreachable frequently

Saturday night/sunday morning was the first confirmed outage i've been made aware of in about a year or so. It was back up within 10 minutes of me filing a problem report with the hosting company, who have generally been pretty professional to work with. Especially given the very reasonable rates.

From here in STL on Charter Cable I notice frequent (ie at least once per week) periods where I cannot reach Xweb. It is usually 15-30 minuted and all is well again. Just FYI

I wonder if it's operator specific. My first stop is often one of the monitoring sites that are usually better located then we end users are. Here's one:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/xwebforums.org

Caution, geek alert: I'm on a 100Mbit fiber drop, surprisingly just 4 hops from the major Seattle Internet eXchange. The route from there looks like it goes through Level3 via Denver to the Dallas co-locate where I believe our host sits. 15 hops total to the Xwebforums.org server. So my results might be better than others. :geek:

It was dead on the East Coast this morning

First time noticed for me, as I have a 50mb/sec exchange here.
It just wasn't available, but I wasn't too worried.

I noticed it even way down here......!

.....It's been doing it again for the last 30-45 minutes or so... :sigh:.....

......I wondered if we may now have to pay "mileage tax" on i/net connections! :wacko:
It seems almost everything else that started off being free, is now becoming "taxed/chargeable" i.e. Imageshack. :mad:

cheers, Ian - NZ

I got up late but tried to log on at 6:30 PST...

Working now at 8:30...

I can only guess, but like me, XWEB is having trouble getting up in the morning...

I wonder if its "life" is counted like "dog-years"...

Yes definitely was down again this morning - being in IT i did abit of analysis using trace route and can see a problem or more where it fails

Who can forward these results to - so u can submit to the Web Hosting provider - happy to help further if needed

Anthony

Back